Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Old Apr 13, 2024, 3:50 am
MJA

Programs: QF Plat, & Life Gold, IHG Diamond

Am on this afternoon’s flight to YUL. BA opened up the front cabin 2 days ago and it still is, despite CW looking a bit sparse 7 hours before departure. I didn’t fall into the BA honey trap and kept my original seat at OLCI, but it’s easy to see how people do……
BA or bust likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:41 am
MJA

Programs: QF Plat, & Life Gold, IHG Diamond

And just to prove all the advice on here……at T-4hour the ‘de-flubbing’ has occurred…..
Old Apr 13, 2024, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MJA

And just to prove all the advice on here……at T-4hour the ‘de-flubbing’ has occurred…..
I just tried to get an AUP at the check in desk from WTP on the condition of rows 1 and 2 after seeing this yesterday. Disappointed they said it was now blocked!
Old Jun 30, 2024, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Great thread, I posted a change of aircraft question on another thread a few weeks ago for a flight I have on Tuesday - at the time row 1 seemed available but errored out. I have just gone in to check details and I was able to change to row 1. I've checked and only one seat is available to purchase in J, but as I am only recently Silver and am traveling in a family of 3, it seems the advice on here is to expect disappointment!

So I've changed my seats back to row 7 (in the mini cabin - 77M), on balance there will be quite a few ahead of me and BA's IT infrastructure has never filled me with confidence!
Old Jul 18, 2024, 3:54 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Can anyone confirm if the BA107 on 21/7 is not selling the 1st cabin? I've been checking daily to see if FLUB seats open up but no joy so far, and just wanted to be certain it's not just that the 1st cabin has already sold out...
Old Jul 18, 2024, 4:09 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Can anyone confirm if the BA107 on 21/7 is not selling the 1st cabin? I've been checking daily to see if FLUB seats open up but no joy so far, and just wanted to be certain it's not just that the 1st cabin has already sold out...
It is currently F0.
Old Jul 18, 2024, 5:41 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
It is currently F0.
Thanks and yes I know that bit, but does that distinguish F being full versus F not being sold?
Old Jul 18, 2024, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
according to expert flyer there is a first cabin, rows 1&2 with all but 1 seat occupied

if it was flub you would see the first seats included in the business cabin, but blocked

so I believe its a sold out 1st cabin
ratechaser likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2024, 6:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Thanks and yes I know that bit, but does that distinguish F being full versus F not being sold?
first is being sold which is why there are first selling classes showing. If this was a three class flight you wouldn’t see selling classes F and A, even if there was a first cabin which may be used for flub on the day.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2024, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
first is being sold which is why there are first selling classes showing. If this was a three class flight you wouldn’t see selling classes F and A, even if there was a first cabin which may be used for flub on the day.
Ah, gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. Will stop looking/hoping then...
Old Jul 18, 2024, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
A few weeks ago I got seat change notifications for my upcoming LHR-GCM flights (both ways...) in September from the 77M config with Club Suites to the 77R config with old Club World. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. I wouldn't have been bothered if it was still Club Suites, however, given there are 6 extra seats in the F cabin now with the configuration change, I'm wondering if there's any chance of getting one as a BA Silver? Seems the previous reports are from Golds/GGLs.
Old Today, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
A bit wider than Flub pr se: in the CW suites there is a shoulder belt, but in F there is only a lap belt. Is there a critical angle off-centre that requires s shoulder belt?
Old Today, 11:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Correct me if I am wrong - but is this not rather similar to Curtain Roulette as the Guru of all matters BA has coined. I say this because one might be lucky but that at the last minute almost they could resume an aircraft without First and that those who had chosen Flub (another Flyertalk-ism) could find themselves dumped unceremoniously back in whatever is left in J. This happened to me a couple of years ago en route to MSY. Indeed when they were operating that 777 to and fro Madrid they had Flub on that. I heard more than one person sniffily inquire why they were back here and not "Up There". One crew member hazarded a guess that "they" had paid full fare. Whilst I do believe that to be nonsense - it shut him up but got me wondering why it is that no one is satisfied with what they have got. If they were obliged to abdicate - it is hardly as though they were being banished to a lower class cabin. I think that this is something that I would not attempt until I got to the airport if I attempted it at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.