Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NCLflyer
I’m flying on BA908 to FRA on Tuesday which is being operated by a 787-9. Rows 1 and 2 have become available to select in MMB. Would this be a sure sign the flight is operating with FLUB on the day? I’m currently in 7A and want to minimise getting bumped back to a random seat if F closes.
No guarantees. Read above and you will see that in most cases BA will decide on the day if it's needed and will select who gets them. I'd not be risking 7A to just get bumped back to 12F or something
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Delayed BA6 HND to LHR, flubbed from row 6 to row 2. Didn't ask, just got told me (GCH) and wife (SCH) had been moved further forward for the flight. Pretty happy, as we're now missing our EDI connection, staying in the Sofitel with a 7:50am flight up to EDI.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Just to clarify:

FLUB seats are controlled by customer services even though availability maight be shown on ExpertFlyer and as such they do not appear on OLCI?
To increase your chances, OLCI but do not download or print the boarding passes.
Status is not necessarily a driver for success.
Asking at the airport may increase you chances.

and never call it FLUB to anyone in a BA uniform as they will look at you in a very strange way
Old Apr 18, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, SAS EBG
I'm reserved in 2A on a Flub flight. I can do OLCI now, but should I? Should I download the boarding pass?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 4:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I assume you have been moved to 2A, rather than you moving yourself there? If the former then yes you should be fine to OLCI now and get a bp.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I assume you have been moved to 2A, rather than you moving yourself there? If the former then yes you should be fine to OLCI now and get a bp.
I did, and I even managed to OLCI and get a BP with 2A. Unfortunately upon refreshing the app I can see I've been de-Flubbed (as has everyone else in First). My downloaded BP still shows 2A but I doubt that will cut the mustard. My new seat allocation is rubbish so I'll certainly be putting in a complaint about that!
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:16 am

Complaint about what?
LCSinTexas and Door5L like this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:26 am

Complaint about what?
Having my seat allocation moved after I'd already checked in and the best alternative seats were gone. I appreciate there's no right to a Flub but if I book a window seat, I do expect to travel in a window seat for instance.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:40 am

I guess in future it's best BA don't ever consider you for FLUB then in case they subsequently find they aren't opening the cabin and have to move you back.

I appreciate this is slightly annoying, but I disagree it a matter worthy of complaint, but I guess some people are minded to complain about everything.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:55 am

I guess in future it's best BA don't ever consider you for FLUB then in case they subsequently find they aren't opening the cabin and have to move you back.

I appreciate this is slightly annoying, but I disagree it a matter worthy of complaint, but I guess some people are minded to complain about everything.
I've no idea why they opened the cabin here only to close it ~24 hours later. They should stick to what they've decided rather than messing people around after they've checked in.

I'm most certainly minded to complain after BA's rather unhelpful response in my recent case. As they say, don't get mad, get even...
Old Apr 19, 2023, 6:06 am

I would assume if that's your attitude, your best way of getting at BA in future is quite simply not give them any of your money anymore.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
So you just proved you have no grounds for complaint so have decided to drag up another situation to try and justify your stance. You knew you were not in First and should have stuck with a seat in your assigned cabin which would have avoided this. BA will hopefully come back and remind you all seats are subject to operational reasons and no seat is ever guaranteed.
DelTroon and TarquinMontague like this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 6:13 am

Interestingly I am on a 789 run without F next week and currently in J. The flight looks pretty full in J so there is definitely a chance of FLUB. I agree with the OP that I would be a little annoyed if I get FLUB'ed and then get moved back to a different less desirable seat. Would I complain? No as it isn't really a failure as such.

Now if it come to taking revenge against BA I am sure I have many instances of poor service over the years I could invoke as (self) justification, but then BA are hardly going to join the dots so it would all be a bit pointless - albeit the issue the OP cites is more BA doing something within policy but not what the OP wanted, rather than an actual service failure anyway.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 6:16 am

I would assume if that's your attitude, your best way of getting at BA in future is quite simply not give them any of your money anymore.
My interests continue to be best served by flying BA in many cases. That doesn't mean I won't complain when they do something wrong, and particularly so if they have slighted me.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by TTmex
So you just proved you have no grounds for complaint so have decided to drag up another situation to try and justify your stance. You knew you were not in First and should have stuck with a seat in your assigned cabin which would have avoided this. BA will hopefully come back and remind you all seats are subject to operational reasons and no seat is ever guaranteed.
Drag up? Well that would be one interpretation; certainly, my threshold for complaining would be higher if I didn't feel like BA had let me down recently.

But I am legitimately disappointed; I was looking forward to a nice window seat before the wing. Now I have neither and will have no view whatsoever. And if I "should have stuck with a seat in my assigned cabin" then why did BA open up the seats and let me OLCI with them? Of course, no seat is ever guaranteed but there is no operational reason for this change. Just a pecuniary one.

It's amazing the lengths that people will go to on here to defend a multibillion pound company!
Old Apr 19, 2023, 6:17 am

Still unsure as to whether OP moved themselves to the first cabin or BA moved them. I wasn’t sure how to interpret the reply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.