Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Boarding by group to be introduced [general discussion]

Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Please use this thread for discussion, conjecture and speculation about the Group Boarding Process.

Experiences of the actual process in airports should be made in the dedicated thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...periences.html

Group Boarding Summary (courtesy chris1979)

NB. Customers with additional needs will be offered pre-boarding ahead of all the groups listed above.

Boarding priority for Executive Club Gold, Silver or Bronze Members or oneworld equivalents, will automatically be reflected in the group number given on their boarding pass. If they arrive after their group has been called, they can use the priority boarding lane to go through before the flight closes.

Please note that priority boarding will not be reflected for any other people travelling with an Executive Club Member on the same booking at the moment, but will be introduced in the coming months. In the meantime, the whole party can use the priority boarding lane and our staff will endeavour to board everyone together.

Pre-boarding
Families with small children
We invite families with infants under two and young children in pushchairs to board first, so that the whole family can settle in. Customers must arrive by the time specified on their boarding pass so that they are ready to board and we have enough time
to load their pushchair into the hold.

Customers requiring disability or mobility assistance
We will assist customers on to the aircraft ahead of other passengers so that they have time to settle in and get comfortable. Please contact us at least 48 hours before their flight so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
Print Wikipost

Boarding by group to be introduced [general discussion]

Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by wcel
I occasionally have the same issue and have found that my frequent flyer number is not always correctly attached to the booking (even though I can log in to BA website and my booking is attached to my profile).

Once you attach the number correctly, then the boarding pass and group will be corrected
How do you define "attached correctly"?
The bookings have been made while logged in to my BAEC account, the passenger details are retrieved from the BAEC record, seats are being reserved for free, the booking shows in the profile with "Executive Club number xxxxxxxx added", TPs and Avios post correctly and promptly, paper boarding passes always come with correct status and BAEC number.
Mobile boarding passes white (mine have always been white btw) and without group number.
Do I have a flag "Passenger prefers white mobile boarding passes" (to resemble paper)?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
the booking shows in the profile with "Executive Club number xxxxxxxx added", TPs and Avios post correctly and promptly
In that case it does sound to be a different problem from the one I occasionally face, so I'm afraid I don't know
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:09 pm

So United have tweaked their boarding process and made this rather useful movie explaining it.

As ever, the devil is in the detail, and whilst they still have groups 1-5, there's now 4 pre-boarding groups, including Global Services and 1K (moved from Group 1) so actually pretty much aligns to AA's Group 1-9 structure.

Overall though it seems pretty sensible and one wonders why BA couldn't have gone for something equally as thought out. Some 9 months on, my experience has still been pretty hap-hazard and inconsistent.

Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Does anyone have any insights on the issue of aligning the group number for other passengers on the same PNR? When this was announced back in December(?) last year, we were told that it would be sorted out "in the coming months". Have they totally given up, or is it proving much more complex than anticipated?

To be fair, I've never had a problem guesting my Bronze travel companion into the Group 2 line, but I've got one booking coming up with 5 of us on one PNR, and I think 3 of those are not even members of BAEC at all! Not sure how that will go down with the gate agents...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Travelled with 4 non-members under my PNR last weekend and they all had group 1 on their white BPs (both ex-LHR and ex-EU). Haven’t noticed this before when travelling with companions.

I wonder if fast track would have worked.

Anyway, actually a great enhancement.
Tobias-UK and firstlight like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Ah great - I knew it still wasn't fixed in mid-September, but have only flown solo since then.

Fingers crossed!
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Deltus
Ah great - I knew it still wasn't fixed in mid-September, but have only flown solo since then.

Fingers crossed!
Can confirm BP for a flight tomorrow has both of us as group 1 instead of 1/2. Since mrs. firstlight gets fastrack anyway I can't see if the IT change gives fastrack to others in the same booking who wouldn't get it normally. So the IT has finally caught up...
Deltus likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.