Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black Friday Deals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by mdj1
email says 2 x club world for 2018 book before 26th November, but when I click on it it says offer has ended?
It may be there are no seats left on any given particular route as per the terms and conditions? The dates are quite restricted and there are minimum night stays required too.

Try a normal straight forward dummy booking without clicking on the link though, that might throw up the flights rather than clicking on the link.

Terms and Conditions (see them at the bottom of the page)

2. Limited availability of flights at sale prices

11. Individual travel dates are subject to availability. Promotional travel is subject to availability and capacity control, and availability may be limited over bank holidays and peak periods. The number of seats available on each flight at a particular fare may be restricted and it is possible that seats allocated to a particular fare on a particular flight may be fully booked even though seats are still available for sale at a different fare or booking class in the same cabin.

Last edited by PETER01; Nov 23, 2018 at 5:48 am
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by w3andw4d
I forgot to add, if I go for this and add a car, does the WT+ (T class) drop down into a fare class that cannot be UUA?

Thanks.
you should still be able to UuA subject to reward availability.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mdj1
email says 2 x club world for 2018 book before 26th November, but when I click on it it says offer has ended?
i found the same - typical BA IT I guess. Just look at the lowest fare finder and you will see them on there.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:22 am

BA changed the links. The one where I couldn't get any availability to Seoul loaded up the "lowest fare finder" then only allowed me to fly out on a Friday (arrive Saturday) and return Sunday otherwise the price went up from around £1000 to £3000. A few hours later it changed so that clicking the sale just gave me the booking page, but (on Firefox) I couldn't click on anything. I ended up having to click "multiple destinations" or whatever that option is, which then worked.

Finally, I decided to try an ex-EU and changed the departure airport from LHR to FRA after which the entire booking screen changed format again and then hung. I've given up. Cathay seem to have a sale from Amsterdam to many Asian destinations for £1500-£1700. Single people welcome

I've already flown a few BSL-LON with Easyjet instead of BA because the webpage didn't work and/or the iPhone app truncated all the prices in Swiss Francs, it now seems that I'm too irritated with BA's website to even fight through it to book long-haul.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Airportr have 40% off their home check in service for flights before the end of the year.. Having used them twice definitely recommend them.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Smid
Ok. Can you explain why the following fare rule includes those dates, because I read it as 24-31 dec, 8-10 jan? Which does not include 1-7th of January.

"inbound - permitted 24dec18 through 31dec18 or 08jan19 through 10jan19 for each transatlantic sector"
Looking through the rules on the BA site, it appears to vary wildly by destination.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Looking through the rules on the BA site, it appears to vary wildly by destination.
some of the Asia/Far East destinations seem to allow trips up to the end of March
Filthy Monkey likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Dates have been added to the 2 for 1 CW sale

Filthy Monkey, T8191 and englisha like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Looking at MIA from ABZ for mid January, outbound in CW, inbound in WT+ for around £860.

Do you folks think that waiting for the big sale around Christmas would produce a much better deal, or should I grab it now?
How did you get this price with CW on the outbound? and is it for a single traveller? I assume its not related to the '2 for 2018' offer
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
How did you get this price with CW on the outbound? and is it for a single traveller? I assume its not related to the '2 for 2018' offer
Single traveller price, but 2 of us travelling. Not related to 2 for 2018.
Just searched in economy and it shows the prices for the 3 classes to choose whichever suits.

Only difficulty now is when adding the car, I can't see how to change the pick-up date, as I only want to collect it the next day.
Anyone know how to do this?
When trying the flight and car option, I can't seem to vary the flight class for the inbound either.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Useful link, rockflyertalk.

But of course, Black Friday = Unsold Inventory, over a tight timeframe. It’s not a Sale, and certainly not Charity!

I’m sure some people will be able to take advantage of BA’s bounty, and good luck to them. But how many thousands are going to be fighting for a cheap(er) flight to Miami (24-25 Dec)

It’s MeerkatBullshot, Lesson 1.01
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Single traveller price, but 2 of us travelling. Not related to 2 for 2018.
Just searched in economy and it shows the prices for the 3 classes to choose whichever suits.

Only difficulty now is when adding the car, I can't see how to change the pick-up date, as I only want to collect it the next day.
Anyone know how to do this?
When trying the flight and car option, I can't seem to vary the flight class for the inbound either.
I think you are into call BA Holidays territory with that. Or just pay for the extra day and let the branch know direct you won’t be collecting until the next day.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcylocal

I think you are into call BA Holidays territory with that. Or just pay for the extra day and let the branch know direct you won’t be collecting until the next day.
IME BA Holidays are incredibly helpful. Just give them a call
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
While it might say its added more destinations, it hasn't really for the few I've checked. The Jamaica destination was on the BA site from the start, but wasn't there when followed through, though did give the ~1200 price which was found a few weeks back.

Nothing much has changed on the matrix for the LGW flights/LHR flights to Vegas. Return limited to not go 1st to 7th in either way, and not seen any going from LHR. It's pity, we'd quite like a 28th to 4th jaunt across there.

No wait, LHR has now a couple to Vegas on the 25th and 26th. Ah no, Delta via a hop...
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KIN is usually around the £1200 mark in J anyway. Whooppee!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.