Black Friday Deals

Old Nov 25, 17, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Virazuno View Post
To confirm my own musing: the BA holidays pages now show "Bonus Avios" on the car options. Confusingly, even though the T+Cs say Group C and above only, the little bonus avios flag appears on Group A and B cars too
Is that just a website error for A & B groups, do you reckon?! So Flight and car hire holiday bookings are included?
Old Nov 26, 17, 12:49 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
The best deal I found in this sale and bought a ticket with is LHR to SCJ RT in F for GBP 2300 onboard the 789 @:-)^
Old Nov 26, 17, 1:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
I haven't found anything that would capture my interest in this sale. Nothing to Tokyo or Singapore that would work for me...
Old Nov 26, 17, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
I haven't found anything that would capture my interest in this sale. Nothing to Tokyo or Singapore that would work for me...

Yep, I've priced up some SIN holidays for a business trip in March. Yes the BA sale from LON is cheaper but I'd need to then get GLA to LHR and compromise on the hotel. Booking a flight (same price as last few weeks) and a hotel direct with the hotel is only bout £30-40 different. Not really a sale for me.
Old Nov 26, 17, 11:11 am

What’s the chances of a ‘Cyber Monday’ type deal(s)? As this has been a disappointing flash sale, in my opinion.
Old Nov 26, 17, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriot Gold.
Seems pretty unlikely. It would take someone like Virgin doing a decent sale for BA to give us some decent prices... And virgin tends to do such things quietly nowadays too.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 26, 17, 11:50 am

I have looked at the sale, needing to book two returns (each for two of us) to the USA next year but the prices are still ridiculous. I will continue to wait and monitor prices over all airlines I’m sure more appropriate flights/fares will pop up at sometime (the advantage of being able to be flexible about timings).
Old Nov 27, 17, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Looking at 3-day fly/drive Malaga holiday at end of January. Keeps coming up with 3 for 2 offer on car hire (weekend offer), not the 5,000 bonus offer, despite flying midweek.
Old Nov 27, 17, 6:19 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Soupey202 View Post
I have looked at the sale, needing to book two returns (each for two of us) to the USA next year but the prices are still ridiculous. I will continue to wait and monitor prices over all airlines I’m sure more appropriate flights/fares will pop up at sometime (the advantage of being able to be flexible about timings).
It's certainly more words than substance, and I'd doubt too much long haul inventory has been moved as a result of it. Either BA hasn't got much space to fill, in which case they're offering these small reductions as a marketing gimmick because it's expected, or they're going to have to launch another J sale to cover the Christmas/New Year period. I doubt anyone on here actually knows which right now.

If there had been a "2 for 2017" J offer to the USA I'd most likely have taken it. As it is, I rather suspect I'll be eating cold turkey at home ...
Old Nov 27, 17, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer View Post
It's certainly more words than substance, and I'd doubt too much long haul inventory has been moved as a result of it. Either BA hasn't got much space to fill, in which case they're offering these small reductions as a marketing gimmick because it's expected, or they're going to have to launch another J sale to cover the Christmas/New Year period. I doubt anyone on here actually knows which right now.

If there had been a "2 for 2017" J offer to the USA I'd most likely have taken it. As it is, I rather suspect I'll be eating cold turkey at home ...
Let's hope you have a knack for predictions Continental Club hasn't even mentioned this sale on their blog. I'm unsure how long I can hold out for a decent fare at christmas to the US! I may have to join you in buying cold turkey for our home as well!
Old Nov 27, 17, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriot Gold.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer View Post
It would tend to be 2 for 2018 at the moment, it was was 2 for 2012 at end of 2011...
Old Nov 27, 17, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Smid View Post
It would tend to be 2 for 2018 at the moment, it was was 2 for 2012 at end of 2011...
Damn, that extra pound will put it out of my budget.
Old Nov 27, 17, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
The only effect on BA that arises from my side is the likelihood that GUFs and jokers are unused. Pulling the multiple trigger on QR yet again. The only reason to use a substandard product is a cheap price.
Old Nov 27, 17, 7:56 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Smid View Post
Damn, that's a deal-breaker then .

IIRC, it's only a headline price anyway - the actual fare usually ends up between a few pennies and a couple of quid less anyway. Semantics at the moment, of course - we actually need a deal to discuss first, and there sure ain't one in the Black Friday lot!
Old Nov 21, 18, 7:32 am

Not long to go now... suspense!

Perhaps now that we've had a few years of these short sales, it deserves its own wiki and yearly reference!

2 tickets for £2018 would be nice

Search this Thread
Search Engine: