Black Friday Deals

Old Nov 23, 17, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
The Avis offer is pretty decent...5000 avios for a car rental!
Where's that? Via BA, or direct on Avis?
Old Nov 23, 17, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DeanB View Post
Where's that? Via BA, or direct on Avis?
Good question...It was at the bottom of the link to the BA BF page supplied further up the thread, however since its all gone live across the site, I now can't see that deal! Shame I didn't get a screenshot. It may reappear unless someone else finds it! Or more deals are on their way as the weekend progresses, but I do not know for sure. Sorry thats not much help.
Old Nov 23, 17, 7:58 am

Good question...It was at the bottom of the link to the BA BF page supplied further up the thread, however since its all gone live across the site, I now can't see that deal! Shame I didn't get a screenshot. It may reappear unless someone else finds it! Or more deals are on their way as the weekend progresses, but I do not know for sure. Sorry thats not much help.
I saw it too. And now it's gone.

Perhaps they're planning to launch it later on. I've noticed a trend of late: 1. Launch sale, 2. Wait for bookings, 3. Launch sale-within-a-sale/saleception and wait for more bookings
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 23, 17, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I can't find it either, I am just about to book an Avis car so will hold off for a day or two in the hope it comes back!
Old Nov 23, 17, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Gomac View Post
I can't find it either, I am just about to book an Avis car so will hold off for a day or two in the hope it comes back!
Heres to hoping! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that spotted it. I thought that maybe I'd spent too much time looking for offers and starting dreaming them up!

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
There is a "Black Friday Sale - Save up 30% off holidays" on the Belgian BA website. Theoretically it's also a flight only sale.
However - but I don't know if could be related or just a bad coincidence - right now CE flights to Prague next end of April are 200 eur each way more expensive than yesterday morning...
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Surely I am not the only person who's now received an email about the sale?

You don't even have to be particularly imaginative about browsing ba.com to find the sale page.
Old Nov 23, 17, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The Avis offer exists, I have had a press release.

"I thought you might like to know about the Black Friday bonus Avios offer that Avis will be launching to British Airways Executive Club members on Friday.

We will award 5,000 bonus Avios (on top of the standard award) for car rentals booked between 24th and 27th November 2017, picked up between 24th November 2017 and 23rd March 2018, minimum 3 days, minimum car group C, picked up in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa.

Full terms and conditions can be found here: http://www.avisba.com/avisonline/gb/...5000bonusavios "
ringingup and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Nov 23, 17, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
The Avis offer exists, I have had a press release.

"I thought you might like to know about the Black Friday bonus Avios offer that Avis will be launching to British Airways Executive Club members on Friday.

We will award 5,000 bonus Avios (on top of the standard award) for car rentals booked between 24th and 27th November 2017, picked up between 24th November 2017 and 23rd March 2018, minimum 3 days, minimum car group C, picked up in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa.

Full terms and conditions can be found here: http://www.avisba.com/avisonline/gb/...5000bonusavios "
Excellent, I have at least one reservation I am going to cancel and rebook tomorrow!

I imagine it applies to an unlimited number of bookings within the period?
Old Nov 23, 17, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL; IHG Spire; Marriott Gold; Radisson Gold; ALL Silver; Hertz 5*; Starbucks Gold!
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
You don't even have to be particularly imaginative about browsing ba.com to find the sale page.
No but you do have to be imaginative to find anything on the sale page a particularly exciting prospect. Looks like the same ballpark as every other BA sale we've had this year to me...
hartwith and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Nov 23, 17, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriot Gold.
Looking at the few CE destinations I was previously considering, they're pretty much the same as a few days ago...

So basically some ex-LON flights are priced like (recently relatively higher) ex-DUB/INV flights for a week in December?

Barely worth a mention, but similar to most recent BA Sales, not a lot going for it. Still, I was planning to stay at home this christmas...
Old Nov 23, 17, 8:58 am

I was planning to get to the US for Christmas, as our usual family trip. I agree this isn't the compelling sale I was, personally, hoping for.

I'm sure previous BF sales have offered flights on a less restrictive window, i.e 19th Dec onwards, if my memory serves me well and of course at 1K-ish each in CW. Clearly not to say every sale will be the same at all but at least be an attractive offer for a flash sale.
Old Nov 23, 17, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
Excellent, I have at least one reservation I am going to cancel and rebook tomorrow!
I thought of that so I priced it up and the 300+ increase on the rental changed my mind..
Old Nov 23, 17, 9:04 am

Iberia, looks like economy flights only
https://www.iberia.com/gb/offer/flights/blackfriday/
Old Nov 23, 17, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
The T+Cs don't explicitly state it, but I guess this applies to BA Holidays bookings as well as standalone AvisBA car bookings.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: