Wiki Posts
Search

Gate Open, Now Boarding, what?!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Gate Open, Now Boarding, what?!

My flight to KEF is tomorrow morning. Earlier this morning I got a notification from my app saying that the gate A22 was now open. I thought it was a bit weird, went into flight details but no gate.

Just got another alert saying that my flight is now boarding?? I've tripled checked and my flight is definitely (I think) for tomorrow! What gives?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I'd check the dates booked mate...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
I've checked online, my email, itinerary, and app, they all say 18th!!

I also just realised, my flight is at 0705, but the last alert came around 20 mins ago after the flight had gone already. So hopefully I'm ok...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Today is the 18th........... only kidding

The times I have seen this is when I have swapped flights and the app has not caught up with the change.

regards

ak120
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Glad it wasn’t just me that got a random notification! I was in the lounge at the time and wondered if I’d been moved to an earlier flight but app showed nothing had changed. All was fine at the gate too. Another app change being tested maybe?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:24 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Just flown LAX to JFK and my colleague and I had mobile boarding passes for same flight. Mine said T5 gate 50 his T4 47B
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Just flown LAX to JFK and my colleague and I had mobile boarding passes for same flight. Mine said T5 gate 50 his T4 47B
Automatic updates not set up for one of you, I guess.

AA often have gates posted as soon as OLCI opens but they switch a lot, particularly at hubs.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
I think you's had a Sam Adams too many!
PJSMITH0 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:34 pm

Is BA currently running a new trial with boarding to commence up to 36 hrs prior to departure in order to improve punctuality?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.