Gold & Braveheart

Old Nov 16, 17, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold
Gold & Braveheart

This is mostly a thank you to all the members of the forum. I don't post enough but I visit the site constantly and use all the incredible knowledge on here.

Well after 16 years in the exec club last moth I finally hit Gold for the first time. I honestly wouldn't have managed it without this site. I've probably paid more to hit Silver in the past than I have these last few months to hit Gold. Not only that I've had a few firsts. I've been on my own mini tier point run round the East Coast of the States. Have used the ex INV business fare to ORD and snagged 64k on the Jumbo which was amazing. Now been in First 3 times with another transatlantic round trip booked for end of Jan, Concorde Room Heathrow, Concorde Bar Dubai. All things I didn't think possible. Pretty chuffed as all from my own pocket too!

Oh and as for Braveheart, was in 2A on the BA836 to Dublin on Tuesday with non other than Mel Gibson sitting in 2D, with the bonus of no one in 2C. He even posed for a selfie on arrival, I say posed, he scowled and I smiled. Still made my day!

Once again thanks guys & gals!!!!!
Old Nov 16, 17, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Clansman View Post
This is mostly a thank you to all the members of the forum. I don't post enough but I visit the site constantly and use all the incredible knowledge on here.

Well after 16 years in the exec club last moth I finally hit Gold for the first time. I honestly wouldn't have managed it without this site. I've probably paid more to hit Silver in the past than I have these last few months to hit Gold. Not only that I've had a few firsts. I've been on my own mini tier point run round the East Coast of the States. Have used the ex INV business fare to ORD and snagged 64k on the Jumbo which was amazing. Now been in First 3 times with another transatlantic round trip booked for end of Jan, Concorde Room Heathrow, Concorde Bar Dubai. All things I didn't think possible. Pretty chuffed as all from my own pocket too!

Oh and as for Braveheart, was in 2A on the BA836 to Dublin on Tuesday with non other than Mel Gibson sitting in 2D, with the bonus of no one in 2C. He even posed for a selfie on arrival, I say posed, he scowled and I smiled. Still made my day!

Once again thanks guys & gals!!!!!
Hello Fellow Weegie.....

I'm the same.. Now Gold because of the help on here. And now aiming for 2.5k for the upgrade ticket :-)
Old Nov 16, 17, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Good to see some other Glaswegians here! Your post has inspired me - onwards and upwards with this site I hope.
Old Nov 16, 17, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
Good to see some other Glaswegians here! Your post has inspired me - onwards and upwards with this site I hope.
I fear this may be the coming out thread

Congrats to the OP from a fellow Weegie
squawk likes this.
Old Nov 16, 17, 12:34 pm

Who is Mel Gibson? Is she a Spice Girl?
Brink likes this.
Old Nov 16, 17, 12:56 pm

Programs: EXTRAORDINAIRE
glad to hear u reaping the benefits & having a good time !!
Old Nov 16, 17, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA
Congrats OP.

It looks like a Glasgow Do could be on the cards
Old Nov 16, 17, 2:29 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
Another Glaswegian here
Old Nov 16, 17, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Welcome to the Club.. I was thinking oh a year at Gould will be nice enough Silver is OK but come tha January sale if there is one it will be how to get Gold again. It’s a nice feeling.
Old Nov 16, 17, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond, Scandic Top Floor
Maybe there would be enough of us to fill a Logan air code share for an island doo ????
Old Nov 16, 17, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold CCR / GGL6 months till Lifetime Gold
Congratulations there. I was in the same boat really. I was newbie to BAEC after changing airline of choice 6 years ago now. Came to this forum by accident really. Was just for 'looking for the best seats on the plane info.

The info here some posters put is fantastic . Those kind posters put this forum into its own league and do like you have done , deserve thanks.

It makes it worth visiting this place despite sometimes things are said that one doesn't agree with or recognise in BAECs or BAs performance or otherwise.

We all have different experiences.

Enjoy the joys of flying, wherever that takes you.