Openskies upgrade question

Old Nov 14, 17, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Openskies upgrade question

I just purchased (economy S fare) RT from CLT to ORY through AA. The transatlantic legs are on Openskies. I have both Avios and AA miles. Can I upgrade the TATL legs using either of these? What about using money? I'm a bit confused about this. TIA.
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA CCR, A3 G, Aclub Plat, Hilton D, IC Plat Amb, Starwood G, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by crutch222 View Post
I just purchased (economy S fare) RT from CLT to ORY through AA. The transatlantic legs are on Openskies. I have both Avios and AA miles. Can I upgrade the TATL legs using either of these? What about using money? I'm a bit confused about this. TIA.
If booked through AA you cannot upgrade using Avios. Re-AA miles, I don't think we are best placed to help you here, no idea, I suspect not. Using money, it is usually possible to upgrade almost any ticket with cash but of course it is then recalculated to the fare you'd pay in the higher class plus possible change fee. If you mean a special offer, you could ask once in New York if there is any upgrade offer.
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
If booked through AA you cannot upgrade using Avios. Re-AA miles, I don't think we are best placed to help you here, no idea, I suspect not. Using money, it is usually possible to upgrade almost any ticket with cash but of course it is then recalculated to the fare you'd pay in the higher class plus possible change fee. If you mean a special offer, you could ask once in New York if there is any upgrade offer.
Thanks! I'll check with AA.
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by crutch222 View Post
Thanks! I'll check with AA.
I'm sorry to say your S class booking doesn't qualify for an AAdvantage mileage upgrade - only Y or B fares are eligible.
Old Nov 15, 17, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Solid Gold Dancer
Open Skies often have paid upgrades available at check-in. I once upgraded from premium to J for 100.

Search this Thread