A380 IFE?

Old Nov 14, 17, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
A380 IFE?

Hello all,

Im off to SFO this weekend and was having a look at the on board entertainment preview in the BA app. Unfortunately in the app it only shows up to C in the alphabetical list of tv shows and movies.

I noticed that in the games section it has listed the ancient games and now Im worried the IFE will be like the horrible, old IFE I experienced on a BA777 to BKK.

Please can someone tell me the IFE is on a better, more responsive screen? The plane is listed as an A380 so Im hoping this is the case.
Old Nov 14, 17, 2:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's the second best system on BA's fleet (where the best is the Pansonic ex3 on the Super J). So you will have a comprehensive list to choose from. There are some good movies on at the moment too.
Rufin likes this.
Old Nov 14, 17, 2:47 pm

Yes it's much, much better than the BKK aircraft!

It's the Thales system, which isn't as good as the newest Panasonic one on the refurbed 747s, but is certainly fine. Wide range of movies and TV, I've never looked at the games section.

The big negative if in Y is there is still a quite bulky entertainment box underneath the seats eating up your legroom, which frankly seems ridiculous these days, but hey ho. Not a problem in other cabins.
Rufin likes this.
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Fantastic! I was very disappointed on the BKK flight, so Im looking forward to the A380
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
The entertainment section in the BA app hasnt worked properly for any flight Ive taken in the last 6 months or so. So Id just ignore that.
Old Nov 14, 17, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Oneworld Emerald
On the BA website, you should be able to find the full movie listings for your flight
Rufin likes this.
Old Nov 14, 17, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just to chip in, on my recent trip I had the best of times and the worst of times - outbound to JFK - Panasonic - coming back from MCO - Rockwell Collins. Coming home, I read a book instead! I had the moving map on, but the reception for that channel was the worst of all, completely grainy and indistinct

Search this Thread