Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Prebooking seats for a friend (Same flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold

Hi

I am BA Gold and on my last few flights I was able to book seats for my friend in Row 1. These were European flights.

For long haul, I was told it was not possible to book Row 1 for non-Gold members. Fair enough.

I am flying to Belfast on Thursday and two things I have noticed:

- my friend (BA Blue) can prebook seats for free even though check in will not open for another 24 hours.
- I called to book 1C and was told that this was not possible.

What's going on?

Did BA agent mistake long haul and domestic sectors? Or were my earlier experiences of this exceptions?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Ooops. Now the search works.

Recent change
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I am currently without status, and have been able to book seats 24 hours before check-in pretty consistently. (Even snagged 1F once in CE!) A nice trick if you ask me.
Sealink likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sealink
Ooops. Now the search works.

Recent change
Recent 'unpublished' change - I believe the published position is that only 1A and 1K in first class are restricted to the GCH. However my recent experience is that even when told this isn't possible (in exactly the same circumstance as yours) the seat allocation has been made for me. You may therefore get lucky, although otherwise it's not long until check in opens I guess.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:59 am
Original Poster

My pal got 1C at check in. Woohoo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.