Qantas business with BA avios?

Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Calchas
Can you imagine the lead in J fare for LHR-EDI being 400 each way + tax? [Price for MEL-ADL, similar distance.]
Thats because Qantas only sells flexible domestic J fares. A like for like comparison of such tickets has AUD741 for MEL-ADL and BA 389 for LHR-EDI.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by choosethedrew

That’s because Qantas only sells flexible domestic J fares. A like for like comparison of such tickets has AUD741 for MEL-ADL and BA 389 for LHR-EDI.
If I don't need any flexibility, it is irrelevant whether the fare is flexible or not. In that scenario, a like-for-like comparison remains the lowest possible fare.

It is telling that QF don't sell inflex fares in J.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Booked my QF SYD-MEL-SYD J flights x 2 for 18,000 Avios and 21 each over the 'phone.

The staff member was able to allocate seats in row 2 - row 1 was blocked - probably for QF Elites. Used the booking reference to update the booking on qantas.com as it is not possible to request seats on ba.com.

Noted that my email address was wrong so worth checking the booking on the QF site.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by mlqsko
What does that have anything to do with this thread?
umm, let me see. Its a BA Board. A post about a QF domestic J booking. So I pointed out the OP will potentially have access to some great domestic lounges in various destinations (as BA only serves SYD anyway) , certainly by comparison to most BA lounges (we are on a BA Board here, can I politely remind you again)..... and possibly they can book 787 J seats depending on their route.

And thank you for your contribution to the OPs upcoming trip.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by LostAntipod

umm, let me see. Its a BA Board. A post about a QF domestic J booking. So I pointed out the OP will potentially have access to some great domestic lounges in various destinations (as BA only serves SYD anyway) , certainly by comparison to most BA lounges (we are on a BA Board here, can I politely remind you again)..... and possibly they can book 787 J seats depending on their route.

And thank you for your contribution to the OPs upcoming trip.
LOL, op asked "Is it at all possible to book Qantas business class seats using BA avios?". Are you going to review the QF 787 business seat next to help him with his upcoming trip?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The staff member was able to allocate seats in row 2 - row 1 was blocked - probably for QF Elites. Used the booking reference to update the booking on qantas.com as it is not possible to request seats on ba.com.
Row 1 is blocked for Qantas Platinum 1 (similar to BA GGL but requiring a much higher level of loyalty to QF than BA GGL) until a certain time before departure - I can't remember precisely when. If you check again perhaps a day or two before the flight, you may well see Row 1 seat has become available.

Not that it provides extra legroom IMO though, because the QF domestic J seats offer decent legroom (row 3 not recommended on the 737 service as you have the Y directly behind and the curtain, on the aircraft with curtains, can be a bit annoying behind your head).
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:01 am

BA seems to have fixed it. You can book QF J with avios now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.