Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Do IB codeshares operated by IB Express metal qualify for the 4 BA flights for Gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do IB codeshares operated by IB Express metal qualify for the 4 BA flights for Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Question Do IB codeshares operated by IB Express metal qualify for the 4 BA flights for Gold?

I can't find this distinction on the BA site or wiki.

I suppose it's a question of whether 'Iberia Express' is considered 'Iberia'?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Looking at my past statements IB operated by I2 flights don't show "operated by Iberia Express".
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes I think this is one of those questions that I and BA6501 have occasionally answered in the past, but no-one has come back to say "yes it happened" or "no it didn't"!

Regardless, I2 flights can be booked under IB code and these certainly count as eligible. The question is whether I2 Prime counts as eligible, I think it is eligible, but there is a valid argument for saying these flights are not eligible. Since I presume it's all processed via IB's IT it seems to come out in the wash as being IB and therefore no problem.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks - I subsequently found your post here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26148669-post4.html

The worry on the eligibility count is that the rules say "And" rather than "Or" for 'Iberia operated and Marketed'.

I'm looking at LGW-MAD-LGW (or LGW-MAD-BHX)...only booking for the segment count.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jbfield
The worry on the eligibility count is that the rules say "And" rather than "Or" for Iberia operated and Marketed"
Indeed, and the sort of flight that could potentially exclude would be Vueling operated flights or (more definitely) IB's codeshares with Avianca. Or Bulgaria Air! I2 is effectively a bit like BACF, a unit within IB and using the same computers, so it's not a codeshare, and arguably IB operated too.

Anyway. if you do give it a go it would be good if you could revert with the outcome.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
They definitely do!! I had my 4 segments for my new membership year and none were operated by the "real" BA. 2 segements on Comair, one on IB and the other on IB operated by Iberia Express.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
They definitely do!! I had my 4 segments for my new membership year and none were operated by the "real" BA. 2 segements on Comair, one on IB and the other on IB operated by Iberia Express.
Ah right, many thanks for that. Can you recall how that I2 flight was booked? Was it via Iberia.com for example? Or BA.com? And whether it was reserved under an I2 flight number or an IB flight number?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Anyway. if you do give it a go it would be good if you could revert with the outcome.
I'm now booked - will report back in a couple of weeks once they hit my statement. Just got to find something to do for the 4 hours in Madrid between my flights.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Bit too short to go into town. Figure 1h15 to get out of the airport and two 30mins taxi rides, and wanting to be back at the airport 1h before. That leaves you with 1h45. Presuming this is between LGW-MAD-LGW it gives you from 14:15 to 18:45 or so depending on the day and current timings. I suppose you could have a lunch in town and come back...

Otherwise the Plenilunio near the airport can do
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
My 4 IB coded, but officially operated by Air Nostrum, flights this year all counted towards my qualifying flights for BAEC.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah right, many thanks for that. Can you recall how that I2 flight was booked? Was it via Iberia.com for example? Or BA.com? And whether it was reserved under an I2 flight number or an IB flight number?
IB flights were booked through a travel agent with IB codes. I am not aware of the possibility of booking flights with I2 codes but I might wrong.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:49 am

IB flights were booked through a travel agent with IB codes. I am not aware of the possibility of booking flights with I2 codes but I might wrong.
You can book I2 flights with I2 codes using iberiaexpress.com

The eticket number will not be 075* but 060* and you get no codeshare numbers, only 'pure' I2 flights
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
You can book I2 flights with I2 codes using iberiaexpress.com

The eticket number will not be 075* but 060* and you get no codeshare numbers, only 'pure' I2 flights
Thanks and does that give you avios and TPs?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:25 am

You can get avios if you use Iberia Plus but AFAIK no TPs

"Avios: Si eres titular de Iberia Plus, puedes obtener Avios con cada vuelo que realices."

https://www.iberiaexpress.com/inform...-volar/tarifas
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by schrodingerdog
You can get avios if you use Iberia Plus but AFAIK no TPs

"Avios: Si eres titular de Iberia Plus, puedes obtener Avios con cada vuelo que realices."

https://www.iberiaexpress.com/inform...-volar/tarifas
Before someone has a heart attack, Iberia Express is a oneworld affiliate, like Dragonair, so does get TPs as well as Avios, though perhaps not so many on their cheaper fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.