Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to share an executive club account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR, HHonors DIA

I was reading about people having their account suspended for internal investigations and something occurred to me....

Would it be possible for two people with the same name to share an executive club account? Like father and son? They would obviously have different passport numbers but so does a person with dual nationality/Second passport.

Long ago I made a booking for my girlfriend who was travelling on the same flight as me (domestic), and I clicked my own name from the dropdown rather than hers. We were both travelling on the same flight, on the same name, but our seats were next to each other. We didnt even realise I had done this until after I landed. I have to say that only one Tier point and avios credit was made.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
That is a rather quick way to have your account suspended and losing all your Avios and any status privilege that you may have earned.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Totally against the rule. 'Account is personal' probably comes in the first couple of lines of the rules (I haven't checked) and when discovered you'll lose everything and possibly face a suspension from flying BA at all. However, you can of course open a household account with your girlfriend as long as you share the same address.

Last edited by orbitmic; Nov 12, 2017 at 5:58 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Totally against the rule. 'Account is personal' probably comes I the first couple of lines of the rules (I haven't checked) and when discovered you'll lose everything and possibly face a suspension from flying BA at all. However, you can of course open a household account with your girlfriend as long as you share the same address.
Agreed. Here's a comprehensive guide to Household Accounts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-accounts.html
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
It only works if you are one of those American dynasties that keeps the same name down the generations.

If you are a Randall Dustin Joseph Silvers, call your eldest born Randall Dustin Joseph Silvers II, and the your next the III! And the grandson the IV and so forth.

You can in theory, all use the Randall Silvers FF account!
TFFT likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by d3vski
If you are a Randall Dustin Joseph Silvers, call your eldest born Randall Dustin Joseph Silvers II, and the your next the III! And the grandson the IV and so forth.
But only right up to the point where you get caught. If BA gets wind of this, then it just takes a good look into past bookings to detect that Randall Silvers was sometimes 85, 55, 30 or 5 years old. And once they do you can kiss goodbye to those Avios.

It's particularly stupid given that BA as one of the fewer FFP offers households accounts.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:40 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
It may have worked (for a while) in the days prior to API (Advanced Passenger Information).

Now the passengers information, including passport number, date of birth etc. are included in the information on your account and these details need to be correct.

Any airline will pick up on this very quickly and then it will be bye bye BAEC account.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by bjorns
It may have worked (for a while) in the days prior to API (Advanced Passenger Information).

Now the passengers information, including passport number, date of birth etc. are included in the information on your account and these details need to be correct.
They are only included in your Exec Club account if you expressly agree to their being put there (i.e. you click the 'save for future use' box). It is perfectly possible (stupid, but possible) to give your EC account a fake DOB and it won't be picked up.

Of course some people in BA will be able to see APIS data from actual flight records, and if they suspected fraud would likely cross-check it and take action on your account. But APIS data are strictly controlled by data protection rules and airlines are not permitted routinely or automatically to use them for other purposes.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Whilst this is clearly crossing a red line I've seen other lower level forms of BAEC account dishonesty actively promoted elsewhere, such as adding relatives who don't inhabit the same address to household accounts to make use of their avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.