Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Mediocre CE Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Executive club
Originally Posted by settlenick
I will come back with the response I get from BA.
We had come off our best ever First flight from DXB to LHR.
I love flying BA and this was my first ever really really poor crew.
They were just not up to the task. Not enough experience.
so I got a detailed response from BA and 10,000 AVIOS for our poor flight. Very happy considering we received 140,000 AVIOS for a non reclining seat on the previous leg DXB LHR.
Both redemption flights.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:30 am

The only British newspaper in GF on Saturday afternoon at 2.00pm was the Sun. I guess it is a very successful paper but not for an airline’s business class lounge. The magazine selection seemed to have lots of title you would never find on the shelves of W H Smiths. They were just glossy advertising mags!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by Lucanesque

The "CastleNO" brigade are going to hate this Which I think is hilarious given the level of snobbery on here around BA's champagne choice.
The same ones who demand a Claret to be present, even if it really tastes distinctly average, just so they can tell people they are important enough to be given Claret
Lucanesque likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Did anyone at the BA catering team consider giving the Scotch egg in the ploughmans any flavour?

Even the Asda SmartPrice one tastes better.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Schwann
Did anyone at the BA catering team consider giving the Scotch egg in the ploughmans any flavour?

Even the Asda SmartPrice one tastes better.
I've never sampled the Asda SmartPrice version, the only one I can compare it against is a Gordon Ramsey one - which is not the fairest comparison. I find the Scotch Egg works perfectly well with the piccalilli and the sweet and spicy chutney it is served with. Even the Champagne de Castelnau works quite well with it.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've never sampled the Asda SmartPrice version, the only one I can compare it against is a Gordon Ramsey one - which is not the fairest comparison. I find the Scotch Egg works perfectly well with the piccalilli and the sweet and spicy chutney it is served with. Even the Champagne de Castelnau works quite well with it.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:04 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP

Another experience: 6 rows of Club, 20 or so pax, 1h20 flight from Zurich to Heathrow.

Hot towel and landing card run were done before takeoff. Crew was very nervous/hectic for some reason throughout the flight. The service was very hectic, too.

The tray was served with the drink (water) on it. What happened? I spilled it. I simply didn‘t see the glass (I don‘t expect a glass on the tray) and we were climbing so it happened quickly. Same happened to the poor guy in 1D... I don't want to blame the crew for this, because I know it was my mistake, but then I have never been served the glass on the tray, so ...

The meal is just ... well see for yourself (sorry for the bad quality, not sure what happened)! Anyway. Service was finished soon after, got a coffee and that‘s it. To be fair I didn‘t mind it that much this time since I wanted my peace anyway for the remainder of the flight to nap a bit but it wasn‘t very premium.

P.S. this was my 100th flight with BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.