One pax canít OLCI

Old Nov 11, 17, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
One pax canít OLCI

BA.com is showing an error message that OLCI cannot be completed for one pax on a booking. The other pax is fine. Canít see any issues and outbound sector was fine?

Any ideas whatís up?

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 17, 6:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Originally Posted by tom139 View Post
BA.com is showing an error message that OLCI cannot be completed for one pax on a booking. The other pax is fine. Canít see any issues and outbound sector was fine?

Any ideas whatís up?

Thanks
Could be for a load of reasons. If you could kindly assist with the pax nationality , class, flighty number and if any avios or Amex 2-4-1 were used also any status that would be a good start. Could be something minor , or it could be he/she has been shortlisted for an upgrade or downgrade/offload ?..
Old Nov 11, 17, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

2 pax on the booking; Amex 2 for 1 in F. I worried about possible downgrade but surely that would affect other pax too?
Old Nov 11, 17, 7:55 pm

Is it a flight to the United States? When one passenger is flagged for the secondary security check the OLCI fails and outstations can't print the US-bound boarding pass.
Old Nov 11, 17, 8:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It might simply be the known OLCI bug that occurs from time time for no apparent (known) reason.
Old Nov 12, 17, 2:49 am

I had this for yesterdayís flight. 2 out of 3 of the passengers on our reservation couldnít print at home after checking in (the third had the option to). When those 2 people received their boarding cards at the check-in desk, they had the dreaded SSSS printed on them. So, if your travelling to the US, perhaps youíve been tagged for secondary security screening?
Old Nov 12, 17, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Gold
As others have said if outbound to the US, might be SSSS which seems to always happen to me.

I also then had it inbound saying I didn't have a valid visa for the UK... As a UK citizen... which is just Fly being stupid. Quickly sorted by the lovely gentleman at MIA checkin.
Old Nov 12, 17, 3:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Without more specifics it is rather difficult to advise here. But I'm guessing that this is someone with UK right of residence returning to the UK from North America, making some massive assumptions here. In which case the OP needs to check the API information and try again after half an hour or so. Particularly if there are clearly seats available in the cabin concerned, something that we could check from any information provided. It is worth calling up if on the outbound in this scenario due to ticketing factors, on the inbound there is probably very little that will be apparent to the contact centre agent. Maybe there is another airline leg before the BA one? And the PNR is shared over 2 people? In which case perhaps it's just the lead passenger's details that have come through as checked in.

Mostly it's a case of turning up at the airport and simply getting the boarding pass. The check-in agent probably won't see anything odd about the booking.
Old Nov 12, 17, 3:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by xtommox View Post
As others have said if outbound to the US, might be SSSS which seems to always happen to me.

I also then had it inbound saying I didn't have a valid visa for the UK... As a UK citizen... which is just Fly being stupid. Quickly sorted by the lovely gentleman at MIA checkin.
OP references that this is an AMEX 241 and the outbound has been flown. AMEX 241s are Forbes-UK only so the return cannot be to the US. Thatís not to say they arenít flying back from US.
Old Nov 12, 17, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Sorted now thanks. Was flight from SIN-LHR. Apparently they just needed to do a random check.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 17, 5:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tom139 View Post
Sorted now thanks. Was flight from SIN-LHR. Apparently they just needed to do a random check.
Thank you for reporting back, I am not sure what a random check from SIN to LHR looks like, but I hope you have a good flight back.
Old Nov 12, 17, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Somthingorother, et Mucci
Originally Posted by xtommox View Post
... I also then had it inbound saying I didn't have a valid visa for the UK... As a UK citizen... ...
I get this every single time I fly to the UK. Yes I am a dual national and yes I have more than one passport but that is completely irrelevant as far as my right to enter the UK is concerned. Very annoying, and has stumped more than one checkin agent at outstations.
Old Nov 12, 17, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This thread points to the importance of calling. There are any number of reasons for this to occur where BA will simply tell you, as it must, some benign thing such as "your ticket is in order, please just arrive a bit early" to a more serious problem with the ticket which may then be fixed before you stand around at the airport.

The former is some border / security issue and is solveable. The latter may or may not be in the time frame. Hence the value of the call whilst seated with a drink, a speaker and mute button !
Flame3601 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: