Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver renewal enhancements - no bag tags....

Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Just got my silver membership renewal pack with no bag tags. Perhaps they have been reading FT and are trying to be peacemakers? Or maybe it is just a money saving scheme....

I’ve just ordered one through my account and it did say “tag”rather than “tags” so I am expecting just one
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Tdgraves
Just got my silver membership renewal pack with no bag tags. Perhaps they have been reading FT and are trying to be peacemakers? Or maybe it is just a money saving scheme....

I’ve just ordered one through my account and it did say “tag”rather than “tags” so I am expecting just one
You don't need them anyway really I am Gold and don't use mine they are still in the Envelope. All they say is "luck at me I have status"
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
I'll become Silver for the first time after my Monday flight and was quite looking forward to them as a token, even though I most likely wouldn't display them. Hopefully this isn't the case, or us newbies retain the treat at least!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Padmeister
You don't need them anyway really I am Gold and don't use mine they are still in the Envelope. All they say is "luck at me I have status"
Opinion is, inevitably, divided on that subject ... as has been discussed here on numerous occasions
LondonAndy, bafan and dougzz like this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC (blue), VS Flying Club (red), Hotels.com (silver!), IHG, Amex, TopCashback, Tesco...
^ Good that BA are paying some attention to the amount of plastic waste in the world. I say this as a soon to be not bronzie - not as if I fly enough to ever wear out the tags!

Last edited by hedgehopper; Nov 11, 2017 at 4:37 am Reason: Just to be clear: currently on 0 TPs
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Weird. My wife received her silver card pack this week and it included 2 luggage tags (which she has no intention to use either). Look again, they are on a piece of cardboard hidden behind the card itself.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Just checked my new ‘downgrade to silver’ pack. And no luggage tags for me either.

Perhaps they guessed that I’ll be carrying on using my gold ones for as long as I can...
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
No tags for me in my minimalist renewal package.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Takiteasy
Weird. My wife received her silver card pack this week and it included 2 luggage tags (which she has no intention to use either). Look again, they are on a piece of cardboard hidden behind the card itself.
Nope, definitely not, I must be in a lower silver tier
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Come think of it: you won’t get them for renewal or for soft landing. Is that your case?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
not sure you got new tags when you renew a tier. there is no expiry date on the tags so no reason for new ones
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister
All they say is "luck at me I have status"
Are they saying "luck at me" or "lucky me"?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
not sure you got new tags when you renew a tier. there is no expiry date on the tags so no reason for new ones
Makes sense, although I thought I got some last year, but perhaps I was mistaken
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:42 am

Matt Silver. Not gloss Silver.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold

"Tag" should come as a pair - my last ones did.

I changed my name on marriage and got the new card without tags; you'd have thought they'd include tags in that because the old ones would genuinely be "out of date" with a name not matching my ticket but not so, I had to request them. It said "tag" and my heart sank assuming I'd have to request another, but it was a pair that came on one piece of card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.