IAG @ LGW

Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
IAG @ LGW

So two bits of news really.

The ZB slots could go back to the Co-ordination people but the administrators are going to challenge the decision.

Either way if the administrator sells the slots IAG will bid or if they revert to the coordinator they will bid but a new airline will get president, so a new IAG airline not operating at gatters ?

Also. FR have handed the LGW slots for its belfast operation back to IAG and will move the route to STN
Ryanair changes airport on route between London and Belfast
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41921476

So. Whats new for IAG/BA @ gatters ?

Thoughts, suggestions, rumors etc ?

cs
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:59 am
Suspended

Long haul and short haul LEVEL flights perhaps.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I believe the slots FR are returning are in some way "protected" and if used, have to be used to fly to Northern Ireland
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I believe WW said at the Capital Markets Day that all their airlines had ongoing applications in with the allocator for that outcome.

But I'm not sure that would included LEVEL which has its sights on Paris, Rome and then I think they said other European bases before they get to other UK bases MAN/BHX - i.e. London would be something of a direction-change.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I believe the slots FR are returning are in some way "protected" and if used, have to be used to fly to Northern Ireland
I believe the commitment was that IAG would make slots available if an airline wanted to use them to Belfast (and other slots for DUB). If no airlines applies, i.e. if no-one wants to fill the gap left by FR, IAG can use the slots as it chooses [and if another flies the route for 3 years it can keep/use the slots unrestricted].
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
So there’s nothing to stop BA using the slots to operate LGW-BHD rather than BFS ?

BA do afterall have lounge, handling etc all in place @ BHD

Or do we think they are now for BA to do as it chooses ?

cs
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Or do we think they are now for BA to do as it chooses ?
If it was the same as for the LHR "remedy slots" in connection with the BD acquisition, I think that BA can do as it chooses with them. The obligation in relation to them was to make them available to others to provide competition on routes that were losing it because of BA's acquisition of BD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.