NBO lounge ??

Old Nov 8, 17, 10:24 am

Programs: Ba silver
NBO lounge ??

Can any ft'er tell me if theres a lounge at nairobi please ?? Im travelling back in club on BA65 next thursday and as the flight is at 0030 a lounge and a shower would be nice. Thanks in advance darren cobb
Old Nov 8, 17, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Thai Gold, JetPriviledge
Yes but forget the shower and perhaps a seat before 11pm. The lounge is shared with a number of airlines and it was overfull when I was there about 6 weeks ago. It emptied a bit around 11ish but still not a pleasant place to be for any length of time. Food and drink basic. Not aware of showers but others may know more. It was also a long way from the boarding gate (and the check in). Also be aware that there are two security checks ( scanners) at the gate. One of the airports own and a second by BA one after that so security queues are longish. Best to board late if you are in club as there is only a small waiting area after security.
Old Nov 8, 17, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have a look at Post 7 in the Lounge Wiki

BA Lounge Database | Africa
Old Nov 8, 17, 10:43 am

Thanks for the info. I was expecting a bit of chaos so im now prepared.cheers
Old Nov 8, 17, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Although I haven't been following it, there may be some more information in the more recent posts in this thread: Replacement BA Lounge at NBO???
Old Nov 8, 17, 11:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BAEC nobody (well, Bronze so pretty much the same thing), Hyatt Plat, HH Diamond,
Unless something has changed drastically, do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. Trust me, it isn't worth it. Here is my recent experience. Replacement BA Lounge at NBO???

And it is a looooong way from the BA boarding gate, which was even more nightmarish. We were in F and stood in the premium boarding line. The agent manning the general line scanned all of them through first, leaving the premium line standing there for 15 minutes. When we finally got into the cattle pen that is the waiting room, there were no seats. It was nowhere near an F experience.
Old Nov 8, 17, 11:52 am

Ha, sounds great then. I wont tell mrs cobb and let it be a little surprise !!
Old Nov 15, 17, 6:38 am

Programs: Presto
The Turkish Airways (*A) lounge past Gate 4 (in the newly constructed area) is a Priority Pass lounge as well, if you have that option. I used it a few times in September. It's a nice lounge with good facilities, a nice respite from the crowded waiting areas.
Old Nov 16, 17, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by NoahVail View Post
The Turkish Airways (*A) lounge past Gate 4 (in the newly constructed area) is a Priority Pass lounge as well, if you have that option. I used it a few times in September. It's a nice lounge with good facilities, a nice respite from the crowded waiting areas.
I have also used it with Priority Pass and it is much better than the other choices. However, allow a solid 10 minutes to get to the BA gate. Also, the BA gate has its own security to pass through (again).

Search this Thread