Search

New SEZ route last flight of 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
New SEZ route last flight of 2018

Bit of an odd one here.

Last night/ this morning, we called up Japan at midnight to book the return leg of our honeymoon flight (2-4-1) and there is no flight returning on the 28/10/18 despite there being a flight out to SEZ (from LHR) on the 27/10/18. The last flight back is down as Thursday 25th.

Are BA going to leave a plane in SEZ until the seasonal flights start again in 2019!?
gallagher likes this.

Last edited by PointsPointsPoints; Nov 8, 2017 at 12:54 am
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Schedule indicates there’s a SEZ-LHR on the 28th
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gallagher
Yes, just rung up UK Office, and they confirm it should be flying but there is a problem with the system which is why no availability right now. Just told to keep on checking the website, as could be released anytime now
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Daft question - it's not everyday are you checking the right day !?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by gallagher
Where are you seeing it?

It is indeed an odd one but I can't see the flight on the 28th on the online timetable or on expertflyer. I was trying to think of a parallel to check but are there any other summer seasonal flights that fly out overnight and therefore return on the 28th?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Daft question - it's not everyday are you checking the right day !?
Yes, 28/10/18 is in 355 days
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
Yes, just rung up UK Office, and they confirm it should be flying but there is a problem with the system which is why no availability right now. Just told to keep on checking the website, as could be released anytime now
28 October 2018 is a Sunday. It is the last Sunday in October, and therefore it is the first day of the northern winter 2018/9 scheduling season.

This suggests that BA has not yet loaded flights for this route for that season, although there are other routes on which some winter 2018/9 flights have been loaded. The advice to keep looking seems to be sound.
PointsPointsPoints likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
28 October 2018 is a Sunday. It is the last Sunday in October, and therefore it is the first day of the northern winter 2018/9 scheduling season.

This suggests that BA has not yet loaded flights for this route for that season, although there are other routes on which some winter 2018/9 flights have been loaded. The advice to keep looking seems to be sound.
Do you think this will be a couple of days max? I have to let the TA know asap if we need to reschedule hotels etc...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
Do you think this will be a couple of days max?
I just don't know. If it turns out that this will be the last rotation of the season, then BA simply has to file a single flight SEZ-LHR on 28 October, but I have no idea whether this has been missed out by accident or whether BA is thinking about other things in relation to this route.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Seems strange to me that SEZ won't continue into the winter, I thought that was high season?

Perhaps the "current" winder schedule in force from Oct 2018 is simply based on the current one.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Seems strange to me that SEZ won't continue into the winter, I thought that was high season?

Perhaps the "current" winder schedule in force from Oct 2018 is simply based on the current one.
The best weather and hence 'high season' is March to October, with Apr, May and Oct probably the best time overall.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:58 am

I've just spent probably far too long looking for any other similar situations (schedule changes and missing rotations). But actually it's quite interesting looking for changes in the W18 timetable (which you can currently view up until 1Nov18). Not that this is really going to help the OP.

There's no sign of the extra 3x weekly rotation to PVG (alongside the daily rotation). Within that there's an outbound BA161 on 27Oct that lands 28Oct and would normally return as BA160 0040 on 29Oct (+/- an hour perhaps for the BST change) ... but there's no sign of it.

Elsewhere, it looks like YYC might be dropping to 2/3/4x weekly, and there's nothing showing for NBO, SJO, BNA or MSY. Though it may be too early for that to be totally reliable: BA may be giving themselves time to review the early yields on the newer routes and determine the winter timetable; likewise with SEZ.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by pauldb
I've just spent probably far too long looking for any other similar situations (schedule changes and missing rotations). But actually it's quite interesting looking for changes in the W18 timetable (which you can currently view up until 1Nov18). Not that this is really going to help the OP.

There's no sign of the extra 3x weekly rotation to PVG (alongside the daily rotation). Within that there's an outbound BA161 on 27Oct that lands 28Oct and would normally return as BA160 0040 on 29Oct (+/- an hour perhaps for the BST change) ... but there's no sign of it.

Elsewhere, it looks like YYC might be dropping to 2/3/4x weekly, and there's nothing showing for NBO, SJO, BNA or MSY. Though it may be too early for that to be totally reliable: BA may be giving themselves time to review the early yields on the newer routes and determine the winter timetable; likewise with SEZ.
pfft, that’s a pain regarding YYC if that turns out to be true
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
pfft, that’s a pain regarding YYC if that turns out to be true
Actually, sorry to have concerned you. There appear to be daily flights continuing westbound, so it's probably just temporary that only a handful are showing eastbound.

Similarly there's a lonely LON-NBO on the 28Nov which would be odd if it was being dropped.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by pauldb
Actually, sorry to have concerned you. There appear to be daily flights continuing westbound, so it's probably just temporary that only a handful are showing eastbound.

Similarly there's a lonely LON-NBO on the 28Nov which would be odd if it was being dropped.
Ahh thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.