New SEZ route last flight of 2018

Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gallagher
Schedule indicates there’s a SEZ-LHR on the 28th
Where did you get this information?

I've just spoken to someone at the BAEC call centre and this time they are saying the flight on the 25th is the last scheduled, contrary to the previous discussion with them this morning!

It would be good to know what is actually happening!!

Thanks to everyone for their comments so far.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
I've just spoken to someone at the BAEC call centre and this time they are saying the flight on the 25th is the last scheduled, contrary to the previous discussion with them this morning!
Strictly speaking, that is correct. Currently, the two last LHR-SEZ flights that are scheduled are on 24 October and 27 October, and the last SEZ-LHR flight that is scheduled is on 25 October.

But as BA probably wants the 27 October aircraft back some time before March 2019, I suspect that the people you spoke to this morning are making an educated guess that at least one more SEZ-LHR flight will be put into the schedule at some stage.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:48 pm

Unless BA deadheads it for maintenance somewhere?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
FWIW it's worth a lot of the anomalies I was seeing yesterday have been resolved overnight: the missing flights from YYC & PVG have appeared, as have the schedules for BNA & MSY. Nothing for SJC so far. MLE is back on the winter timetable.

I would imagine it's the last over-running decisions on resource planning that are being resolved.

Which makes it strange that the OP's SEY flight hasn't also appeared. Maybe they are still finalising decisions, or maybe they do have other plans for the 787???

Might be a good idea to sign up to baredemptionfinder.com's premium service: a few quid for a couple of months of hourly alerts as this could change any time really.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauldb
FWIW it's worth a lot of the anomalies I was seeing yesterday have been resolved overnight: the missing flights from YYC & PVG have appeared, as have the schedules for BNA & MSY. Nothing for SJC so far. MLE is back on the winter timetable.

I would imagine it's the last over-running decisions on resource planning that are being resolved.

Which makes it strange that the OP's SEY flight hasn't also appeared. Maybe they are still finalising decisions, or maybe they do have other plans for the 787???

Might be a good idea to sign up to baredemptionfinder.com's premium service: a few quid for a couple of months of hourly alerts as this could change any time really.
Unfortunately baredemptionfinder.com isn't able to find the SEZ route, and having contacted the admin for the site, they know about it but cannot resolve it as the data they get in doesn't have the SEZ information.

Just been doing dummy searches about twice an hour for the last 24 hours!!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauldb
Which makes it strange that the OP's SEY flight hasn't also appeared. Maybe they are still finalising decisions ...
One thing about the other routes which have now been filed: they are all routes which will continue through the season. If SEZ is seasonal, and so the winter 2018/9 season is missing just that one single flight, I wonder whether BA will do the remainder first, and then find one empty LHR landing slot at about the correct time in the afternoon of 28 October 2018 before they file the schedule for that flight. All that is idle speculation, of course.
PointsPointsPoints likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

All done and dusted.

Flight loaded onto the system around Midday and have just got the two redemption CW seats.

A nit nerve-wracking for the past 24 hours or so, but can now sit back relax and look forward to our honeymoon.

Thanks for all the help
rossmacd likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congratulations - well done for persisting and holding your nerve!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:32 am

Oh well done! That must be a huge relief!

Good luck with the wedding and enjoy the honeymoon.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Oh well done! That must be a huge relief!

Good luck with the wedding and enjoy the honeymoon.
We were facing the very horrible prospect of being stranded in the Seychelles.... Might not of been so bad!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Congrats on securing the seats!

Just as an FYI, you may want to also look into a Plan B - http://www.who.int/csr/don/15-octobe...seychelles/en/

M
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Congrats on securing the seats!

Just as an FYI, you may want to also look into a Plan B - http://www.who.int/csr/don/15-octobe...seychelles/en/

M
Hopefully that will be under control in a years time!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:31 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by PointsPointsPoints
Hopefully that will be under control in a years time!
I'm sure it will be, but just wanted to draw your attention it - I had similar issues with Zika and a cancelled trip, so now pay more attention to the FCO website than normal!

M

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.