Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CE Catering

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Even at 10.40am on Iberia to MAD the other day hot food provided in Business Class - tortilla with spicy tomato sauce. Quite nice. Not impressed with the chicken salad on BA for dinner where the chicken represents less what i put inside a brunch roll and as for the Panini sandwich nonsense - how uninspiring BA.
hugolover and ringingup like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by nivsy
Even at 10.40am on Iberia to MAD the other day hot food provided in Business Class - tortilla with spicy tomato sauce. Quite nice. Not impressed with the chicken salad on BA for dinner where the chicken represents less what i put inside a brunch roll and as for the Panini sandwich nonsense - how uninspiring BA.
The good news is that MAD is moving from Medium to Long catering, so a full hot meal on every flight. I've deleted the email,so can't remember when this starts.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
The good news is that MAD is moving from Medium to Long catering, so a full hot meal on every flight. I've deleted the email,so can't remember when this starts.
That's good news, because those paninis are really bad... Also a bit awkward to offer bread rolls to accompany them - as if there was not enough bread in the panini itself.
nivsy likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
That’s very good news, perhaps the IAG top brass have had enough of the three piece chicken ration too. Hopefully OSL will follow suit soon.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
What ever happened to the re-re-launch or launch or whatever of CE catering this April?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
What ever happened to the re-re-launch
As the saying goes, there ain't no such thing as a re-re-launch.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by MFCC

If no CE catering is available for a passenger, they are allowed £10 worth of food from the BoB menu. Drinks should still be from the CE bar.
will there be £10 worth of food left after the Euro cabin has been served?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:26 pm

What ever happened to the re-re-launch or launch or whatever of CE catering this April?
Apparently August / September now. Still trying to work out how to squeeze it all into a Neo galley. (you might have thought this would have been considered before the aircraft were delivered...........)
hugolover and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:37 pm

Apparently August / September now. Still trying to work out how to squeeze it all into a Neo galley. (you might have thought this would have been considered before the aircraft were delivered...........)
Thanks for a bit more info. When the CEO says, to a Frequent Flyer and member of FT, (he) didn’t know they removed the centre table from CE on the Neo, then it doesn’t surprise me they hadn’t thought about trying to fit in the catering. They are not related at all and maybe a CEO doesn’t need to know or be involved in that level of detail. But it makes me wonder how decisions are being made.

I hope it’s all great improvements come Sept.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:41 pm

nothing surprises me these days!
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

I hope it’s all great improvements come Sept.
I do admire your positive thinking.

I imagine you’re a regular buyer of lottery tickets
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load

I do admire your positive thinking.

I imagine you’re a regular buyer of lottery tickets
Someone has to be positive about BA on FT 😉

​​​​​​​.....sometimes
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
You see what gets me here in terms of galley space etc....how come in the days of old BCAL on a BAC 1.11 were able to provide all pax with a very hot dinner on a domestic...say a steak pie and veg on an hour flight yet a neo serving say 30 odd pax in business would struggle. It's kinda beyond believe imho.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
......................yet a neo serving say 30 odd pax in business would struggle. It's kinda beyond believe imho.
I suppose in truth it’s about what sort of config / space / comfort an airline wants to provide for its customers ; and how those decisions are balanced within the context of cost (both capital & operational) v profitability.

Ultimately, this is the brave new world of LCC (= Life under Cruz Control)
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is fantastic news. I hope the same happens for the other medium Spanish routes too, particularly (selfishly for me) Barcelona - do you have any more details?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.