CE Catering

Old Nov 8, 17, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Greenpen View Post
As Club Europe only exists to flatter the vanity of those in important corporate positions I have no sympathy whatsoever. It is Y dressed up in the clothes of an emperor, so its benefits are rather illusionary and youíre getting them.

Donít worry, your friends and neighbours will be impressed; sleep soundly!
By which I assume that you mean that people only fly Club World and First because of their corporate vanity? Because in over half of cases, Club Europe exist to channel lucrative and competitive CW and F traffic which neither originates nor ends in London.
ahmetdouas and frandrake like this.
Old Nov 9, 17, 3:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Yet one has to assume those on here who continuously slag the product must be forced to fly in it by their employers given they're always telling us how poor it is. I mean no person in their right mind would continue to pay for something out of their own pocket if they didn't like it would they?
Ah! So I am not alone in thinking this. I think that it is in some cases because their precious airline was gobbled up years ago and there is no choice. Sometimes I think that it is an element of not being able to afford masquerading as won't afford, or my employer refuses to pay for me to sit there where by rights I should be sitting. What I also never understand are all these people who have allegedly left BA and come back to haunt the place to tell us how dreadful BA is. Nothing is more dead than an old flame, why bother going on about it?

I'm just amazed that BA hasn't gone back to tickets only sales on Domestics as they did years ago, when suddenly a New Kid was allowed on the block and suddenly it was possible to do meals and drinks again. There is no money whatsoever made on Domestic flights, they serve really to feed Long Haul and the rest is a loss. What were the first flights to go during the Ryanair route purge? - all the domestics. I fly domestically as the railways are 100% unreliable for delays, honouring seat reservations, cancellations, and if it is a weekend running at all.

I'm just thankful that BA has not followed the EI model.
Old Nov 9, 17, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
At least BA are advertising their "seasonally inspired menu" in Club World, according to my latest e-mail from them
Attached Images  
Old Jan 13, 18, 12:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by volar View Post
BA could easily solve this by loading a couple of extra trays for each flight. ... If BA are willing to sell top price CE seats within 24 hours and offer AUPs and now App-UPs (after check in) then catering should be available, unless it's made very clear at the time of booking that it will not be.
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer View Post
I can't understand the BA mentality that decides the marginal extra cost of providing an M&S choice isn't worthwhile to help build customer satisfaction [when CE is under catered].
It looks like Alex may have been listening here as well .

I AppUped EDI-LHR yesterday, but apparently not soon enough for extra catering to be loaded. However, CSM proactively offered me something from BoB if nothing was left after others had chosen. I was a bit surprised at this so enquired if that was a new standard offer, and it was confirmed as so. I think CSM was also pleased to be offering an improving service .

In the end I did get a CE panini, so didn't find out how may Percy Pigs one is allowed .

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Jan 13, 18 at 1:18 am
Old Jan 13, 18, 1:08 am

Did my first CE return in a while this week to Vienna and the catering was definitely the low point.

The afternoon tea on the way out - 3 finger sandwiches and the smallest piece of Victoria sponge I have ever seen.

On the return the toasted sandwich was just vile - soggy, greasy and carb laden. Took one mouthful and that was it. Would rather have laid for something from BoB than eat that junk.

The crew were pleasant both ways but you realise from speaking to them that they know they cannot polish a wotsit.
frandrake likes this.
Old Jan 13, 18, 1:19 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer View Post
It looks like Alex may have been listening here as well .

I AppUped EDI-LHR yesterday, but apparently not soon enough for extra catering to be loaded. However, CSM proactively offered me something from BoB if nothing was left after others had chosen. I was a bit surprised at this so enquired if that was a new standard offer, and it was confirmed as so. I think CSM was also pleased to be offering an improving service .

In the end I did get a CE panini, so didn't find out how may Percy Pigs one is allowed .
Interesting, I would be interested in confirmation from one of our cabin crew regular
Old Jan 13, 18, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
Interesting, I would be interested in confirmation from one of our cabin crew regular
If no CE catering is available for a passenger, they are allowed £10 worth of food from the BoB menu. Drinks should still be from the CE bar.
Old Jan 13, 18, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by MFCC View Post

If no CE catering is available for a passenger, they are allowed £10 worth of food from the BoB menu. Drinks should still be from the CE bar.
Excellent, thanks for confirming!
Old Jan 13, 18, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold

An unexpected outbreak of common sense.
Old Jan 13, 18, 11:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

Really? That is a d**n more than they pay for those stupid Afternoon Teas in CE. What they should do is offer the CE passengers first choice if they cannot offer them a meal. I do understand last minute upgrades but for for people who book at least before the blessed aircraft had left LHR, it simply is not good enough.
Old Jan 14, 18, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by simons1 View Post
Did my first CE return in a while this week to Vienna and the catering was definitely the low point.

The afternoon tea on the way out - 3 finger sandwiches and the smallest piece of Victoria sponge I have ever seen.

On the return the toasted sandwich was just vile - soggy, greasy and carb laden. Took one mouthful and that was it. Would rather have laid for something from BoB than eat that junk.

The crew were pleasant both ways but you realise from speaking to them that they know they cannot polish a wotsit.
Do you recall what the other option was on the return?
Old Jan 14, 18, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by ENTP View Post

Do you recall what the other option was on the return?
Pasta salad I believe. The guy next to me had it.
Old Jan 14, 18, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
£10 is about three times the value of the pathetic food offering you get on a middle band. Good decision.
rossmacd and Flame3601 like this.
Old Jan 15, 18, 5:35 am

I'd imagine most people would prefer the £10 worth of BoB over most of the CE offerings. Fair compensation, most unlike the BA of recent times.
nivsy and rossmacd like this.
Old Apr 21, 18, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
On Monday I did a same day flight change about 3 hours before departure, for myself and another gold. I think it was before the outbound flight had left LHR, but anyway same-day changes is increasingly offered with CE flights so shouldn't be a huge surprise that people might change flights at fairly late notice. At boarding, we both got a red beep, and were told there were no meals for us. Staff on board very apologetic, but really not enough meals loaded, so none for us.

We were offered up to £10 each from the BoB menu, and very attentive drink refills!

I had a moan to BA customer services afterwards, they said "our catering supplier had an unexpected problem with the systems they use to deliver their catering. The Purser on board your flight has explained to me this has resulted in a miscalculation. This meant they couldn’t provide a full meal service and I absolutely agree this isn’t what you would expect when you travel with us. I’m sorry we’ve let you down." We got 6k avios each

Search this Thread