FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   2 Avios questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1876277-2-avios-questions.html)

dolfinco Nov 7, 2017 7:11 am

2 Avios questions

Hi there all. I have booked some OSL>DOH>SYD flights on Qatar and joined their programme but i was wondering:

1) How do i get the TP and Avios to credit to my BA account for these ?

2) Re your year end date, i have read that sometimes they will extend it by a week to help you get to another level, but is there any option to bring it forward by a few days as my year ends 2 days after Business Class flights to USA and I could do with pushing the TP into next years rather than this years. :D

UKtravelbear Nov 7, 2017 7:17 am

1. add yout BAEC number to the booking

2. No just not possible.(and waiting until after your year changes and making a retro claim won't work either)

hypercrypt Nov 7, 2017 7:17 am

1) Use your your BAEC number on the booking rather than the QR number. No need to join their programme.

2) No 😕

Pilot37 Nov 7, 2017 7:17 am

Originally Posted by dolfinco (Post 29030007)
Hi there all. I have booked some OSL>DOH>SYD flights on Qatar and joined their programme but i was wondering:

1) How do i get the TP and Avios to credit to my BA account for these ?

2) Re your year end date, i have read that sometimes they will extend it by a week to help you get to another level, but is there any option to bring it forward by a few days as my year ends 2 days after Business Class flights to USA and I could do with pushing the TP into next years rather than this years. :D

1) Go to your booking on the Qatar website and just update the FFP number / program on the booking.
2) No chance.

Pilot37

dolfinco Nov 7, 2017 7:24 am

Thanks all. I am in the Qatar website and in Manage My Booking but cant see where to edit to BA avios ? :-(

Flame3601 Nov 7, 2017 7:29 am

OP once on MMB , go to Update passenger details on the right hand side in the side bar then you should be taken to a page where it obvious what to do from there as it will display the section on adding a FF number to the booking. Any more issues let us know :)

dolfinco Nov 7, 2017 7:30 am

Its ok. Got it folks. Thanks for the help.

HIDDY Nov 7, 2017 7:53 am

Originally Posted by dolfinco (Post 29030007)

Yes the BAEC is the default choice 'loyalty' programme for QR customers on here as well as the QR forum come to think of it. :D

So follow the advice given and scrub your Privy Club number and replace it with your far superior reward programme number instead.

dolfinco Nov 7, 2017 8:15 am

Incidentally and i know i should probably as this elsewhere but do Qatar have the same 24 hour cancellation policy as BA or once you book are you stuck with it ?

Pilot37 Nov 7, 2017 10:18 am

Originally Posted by dolfinco (Post 29030266)
Incidentally and i know i should probably as this elsewhere but do Qatar have the same 24 hour cancellation policy as BA or once you book are you stuck with it ?

I believe once booked that is it, i.e. no 24hr grace period, but some of their cancellation policies are not as draconian as BA’s depending on the underlying fare I believe. Best to ask in the QR forum if you want a firm answer.

Pilot37

WorldLux Nov 7, 2017 10:35 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 29030171)
Yes the BAEC is the default choice 'loyalty' programme for QR customers on here as well as the QR forum come to think of it.

Not necessarily. Some make use of 3x,4x or 5x Qmiles which can add quite a bit of value over BA's 1.25x. QRPC has advantages when you're flying in anything above R as QRPC gives your more miles (2x for full J fares; 2-3x for F fares rather than 1.5x).