Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"We are missing some passenger details - please add these now"

Old Nov 6, 17, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

I'd appreciate a little help decoding some contradictory messages from the BA web site, please...

When I'm logged in, the front page of the BA web site has a scary banner in red under 'your next flight' saying 'We are missing some passenger details - please add these now'. I'm sure all the API was added at time of booking months ago. There is a clickable link which takes me into MMB, where there is a green tick and "All details provided" against both passengers, which seems to contradict the initial warning.

Everything else in MMB looks normal except the outbound flight is in red with the warning "your seat has changed". I don't remember the seats changing recently, but I am quite happy with the seat numbers shown.

Is there really a problem with passenger details? If so what? I don't want a problem to prevent OLCI at T-24.

Flight is BA249 LHR-GIG on 13 November and the booking is a 2-4-1 Amex redemption if it makes any difference.

Many thanks for any insight.
Old Nov 6, 17, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, KLM/AF Blue, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold
We had the same on 2 bookings when we went to SJC last week, no problem checking in or at the airport. Probably a glitch somewhere in BA IT
fruitcage likes this.
Old Nov 6, 17, 12:52 pm

Had the exact same thing this morning. All information present and correct when I clicked through to MMB....
fruitcage likes this.
Old Nov 6, 17, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can perhaps check is this weblink:

https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS

The two things to check is whether the passport details are held, and whether the ticket is ticketed (e-ticket tab, you're looking for a 125 number).

It takes just a few seconds and if everything looks in order there I would leave it to the airport, perhaps arriving 15 minutes earlier than you normally would, just in case.
fruitcage likes this.
Old Nov 6, 17, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all.
Everything looks correct on BA MMB, myflights and (thank you c-w-s) checkmytrip.
Really looks like an IT glitch to me.
Old Nov 6, 17, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
Thank you all.
Everything looks correct on BA MMB, myflights and (thank you c-w-s) checkmytrip.
Really looks like an IT glitch to me.
It's a long-standing glitch. I think I first ran into it about four years ago. It pops up now and then.
Old Nov 6, 17, 6:53 pm

I'm getting for my next flight on Thursday. Slightly alarming but, as others have said, all my information is up to date. I guess I'll find out for sure when I try to check in on Wednesday.
Old Nov 12, 17, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Just to close this off in case anyone has the same problem - OLCI at T-24 was uneventful, confirming that this appears to be an IT glitch rather than a genuine problem with passenger info.

Thanks again for the replies.
Old Nov 12, 17, 6:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
Just to close this off in case anyone has the same problem - OLCI at T-24 was uneventful, confirming that this appears to be an IT glitch rather than a genuine problem with passenger info.
Thanks very much for replying back. It may well help/reassure some lurker having the same problem a few months down the line. However lurkers are always welcome to pitch in!
Old Jan 31, 18, 8:30 am

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Thanks very much for replying back. It may well help/reassure some lurker having the same problem a few months down the line. However lurkers are always welcome to pitch in!
Months down the line, Try 8 years. LOL I have just had the same notification and it pumice me until I found this thread. Thanks C-W-S for the clear info how to check checkmytrip looks OK I was going to not bother with checking in online as we won't have a printer at T-24 but I think I might just do it via the app as soon as I can. Although I like tech I still like a paper ticket I panic "what if my phone dies". Anyway will find out in 5 days and report back only if there is a problem as I don't want to to get anymore unnecessary notifications.
Thanks
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 18, 8:39 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by robiles View Post
Months down the line, Try 8 years. LOL I have just had the same notification and it pumice me until I found this thread. Thanks C-W-S for the clear info how to check checkmytrip looks OK I was going to not bother with checking in online as we won't have a printer at T-24 but I think I might just do it via the app as soon as I can. Although I like tech I still like a paper ticket I panic "what if my phone dies". Anyway will find out in 5 days and report back only if there is a problem as I don't want to to get anymore unnecessary notifications.
Thanks
Thank you for that insight!

I can't see any downside to not checking in online. You are more likely to get upgraded, less likely to be downgraded, more likely to find out if your ticketing is still correct, gives to an extra 10-15 minutes contingency if you get the legendary flat tyre/tire, get AppUp upgrade offers, find out if your API has been rejected by the US or Canadian authorities (not reliably), see the risk of SSSS (not reliably), more likely to be contacted or auto rebooked if there are problems (somewhat reliably). You don't have to get a boarding pass print, that can be done at the airport, at a later time (e.g. via email), or via a hotel (using the fax option) or indeed using the App - tens of thousands of BA's passengers use the App every day without problems. In a way, though, not printing the boarding pass is a good idea anyway - once checked in you can then grab any better seats, for example if someone else accepts an upgrade offer and vacates some plum seats. A printed boarding pass will preclude that.

So yes, do get checked in as soon as you can.
Old Jan 31, 18, 8:52 am

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
Thank you for that insight!

I can't see any downside to not checking in online. You are more likely to get upgraded, less likely to be downgraded, more likely to find out if your ticketing is still correct, gives to an extra 10-15 minutes contingency if you get the legendary flat tyre/tire, get AppUp upgrade offers, find out if your API has been rejected by the US or Canadian authorities (not reliably), see the risk of SSSS (not reliably), more likely to be contacted or auto rebooked if there are problems (somewhat reliably). You don't have to get a boarding pass print, that can be done at the airport, at a later time (e.g. via email), or via a hotel (using the fax option) or indeed using the App - tens of thousands of BA's passengers use the App every day without problems. In a way, though, not printing the boarding pass is a good idea anyway - once checked in you can then grab any better seats, for example if someone else accepts an upgrade offer and vacates some plum seats. A printed boarding pass will preclude that.

So yes, do get checked in as soon as you can.
Thanks for the info, I would normally have done as you said for many of the same reason we are flying J on a 2-4-1 award ticket to no upgrade options I'm afraid. We are staying in LHR night before so only sleep would make us late LOL

I suppose we could still be downgraded but that seems to have fizzled out thank god. Seats chosen and booked. I will do as you suggest and check in on the app a T-24. Is the dreaded SSSS boarding pass as obvious on the app as it is on a printed one I have seen examples on print ones but not digital ones before.
Old Jan 31, 18, 9:50 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by robiles View Post
I suppose we could still be downgraded but that seems to have fizzled out thank god. Seats chosen and booked. I will do as you suggest and check in on the app a T-24. Is the dreaded SSSS boarding pass as obvious on the app as it is on a printed one I have seen examples on print ones but not digital ones before.
You don't get SSSS boarding passes except by collecting them at the airport, so you can't see it on the App, you just won't get a boarding pass. But check-in and seat selection / movement still works on SSSS. Incidentally if your hotel is near to T5 / T3 (which ever is relevant for your flight) after you have checked in you can retrieve boarding passes from the machines the night before.

More information on SSSS can be found in the BA Dashboard, in Why Can't I Check In - just look for the stressed passenger icon! [It's new],
Old Jan 31, 18, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Last time I had this it was an SSSS.
Old Jan 31, 18, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
A printed boarding pass will preclude that.
There are many airlines, including those that use Amadeus, that allow passengers to change their seat "self service" up until the point of boarding, or at least until the point of OLCI closing. How come BA doesn't?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: