Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How early do baggage counters open at BOM?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
How early do baggage counters open at BOM?

For the lovely hour of 02.15am flight?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At a wild guess, 23.00 hrs.

Does MMB say anything under Check-in / Other way to check-in?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:36 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
2330 more like it
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
They’re supposed to be staffed 3 hours in advance of the flight. They’re not always on time, but it should be somewhat close to that time.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:21 pm

I don’t know if it’s still the case but, IIRC, there are soldiers on the door to the terminal and you’re not allowed to enter more than three hours before the flight.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Best OWE check in.

22.50 arrived taken to a bench sitting down. Fast service, bags tagged and someone takes them from you. offered AUP. Off to fast track.

FC contract lounge great, quiet, 30mins free massage. Full bar. Lobster tail main.

called for flight....
Harry Harry likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Adding to ask, if I had arrived 2 hours earlier would I have any options as u need a printed BP?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Corpt
I don’t know if it’s still the case but, IIRC, there are soldiers on the door to the terminal and you’re not allowed to enter more than three hours before the flight.
they asked for proof of a flight. No idea what would happen if arrived earlier
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
Adding a comment for others, since SeaSkyBound appears to have left BOM by now:

I've been let into the airport as early as 10PM for that flight.

If you are in Club, First or have OneWorld status use the left most door as you look at the terminal - no, not that one - further left way past where everyone else is.
This is the premium entrance, they may be a little more lax here.

Once inside you an relax in a sofa/pod thing.

Usually there are check in agents from about 10:30 at the pods but be sure to keep an eye on the premium desks, there is sometimes a BA staffer there.

You can get in with a boarding pass/itinerary on your phone if you don't have a printed one.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by Harry Harry
Adding a comment for others, since SeaSkyBound appears to have left BOM by now:

I've been let into the airport as early as 10PM for that flight.

If you are in Club, First or have OneWorld status use the left most door as you look at the terminal - no, not that one - further left way past where everyone else is.
This is the premium entrance, they may be a little more lax here.

Once inside you an relax in a sofa/pod thing.

Usually there are check in agents from about 10:30 at the pods but be sure to keep an eye on the premium desks, there is sometimes a BA staffer there.

You can get in with a boarding pass/itinerary on your phone if you don't have a printed one.
Thanks for this. Flying through BOM next week.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
not sure it this has been memtioned, but you will need to show physical proof of your travel, otherwise they will not let you in to the airport, I have been at the airport around 10.30 pm for the BA flights no problem getting in. \
Alot of my recent travels have been on Qatar, their flight does not depart until 4.20am
showing up at the airport at 11pm has not been a problem
And agreed the lounges are really nice, both the first and Business
they will give you a card depending on your class of service and status
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:32 am
Suspended

Most likely 2330
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
As others have mentioned I have gone through between 2200 and 22:30 on many an occasion so as to miss the queues that usually develope of late around 2300 hrs (premium entrance i.e far left) , never had an issue. Less staff early on though as most are not there until around 3 to 3 1/2 hours before flight.

I must admit they are one of the best staffs I have come across on the BA network, they always go above and beyond. Excellent all round.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
As others have mentioned I have gone through between 2200 and 22:30 on many an occasion so as to miss the queues that usually develope of late around 2300 hrs (premium entrance i.e far left) , never had an issue. Less staff early on though as most are not there until around 3 to 3 1/2 hours before flight.

I must admit they are one of the best staffs I have come across on the BA network, they always go above and beyond. Excellent all round.
Harry Harry likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.