Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BA about to launch The Concorde List?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Is BA about to launch The Concorde List?

I was told my new GGL card is being held back because they are being updated to include CCR status in them.

Now we hear SS is to be re-named the Concorde Team.

I may be putting 5000 and 5000 together and making 11000 but is a new "super GGL" about to emerge?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I was told my new GGL card is being held back because they are being updated to include CCR status in them.

Now we hear SS is to be re-named the Concorde Team.

I may be putting 5000 and 5000 together and making 11000 but is a new "super GGL" about to emerge?
I would think this unlikely given that there is already Premier. To have three levels of "status" above what is technically the top level in the program seems confusing and unnecessary.

Honestly, I think it is more likely that the distinction of a non-CCR GGL holder could go away along with the 3K renewal requirement for GGL.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Chatting with one of the lounge agents in the CCR a while ago about the need to show a CCR card, we talked about one of the possible ways to be able to do away with it would be to have a different CIV for GGL and GGL+CCR because FLY knows this from the booking and displays it when your BP is scanned at the desk. At that time with just having the same CIV for both (even with the key decision makers/high value corporate client distinction) there was no CCR card indication. Now that some people are not being asked for their cards upon entry sometimes and without the need for the desk agent to enter the manual override, perhaps BA have had a slight reshuffle of distinguishing GGL from GGL+CCR somehow?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Airprox
Chatting with one of the lounge agents in the CCR a while ago about the need to show a CCR card, we talked about one of the possible ways to be able to do away with it would be to have a different CIV for GGL and GGL+CCR because FLY knows this from the booking and displays it when your BP is scanned at the desk. At that time with just having the same CIV for both (even with the key decision makers/high value corporate client distinction) there was no CCR card indication. Now that some people are not being asked for their cards upon entry sometimes and without the need for the desk agent to enter the manual override, perhaps BA have had a slight reshuffle of distinguishing GGL from GGL+CCR somehow?
My understanding is that GGL and GGL+CCR have always had different CIVs (a difference of 1)
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by orbitmic
My understanding is that GGL and GGL+CCR have always had different CIVs (a difference of 1)
Both 97 unless you are a key decision maker related to travel at your company or attached to a high value corporate client.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Both 97 unless you are a key decision maker related to travel at your company or attached to a high value corporate client.
confirmed. I’m a GGL CCR with a 97
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Both 97 unless you are a key decision maker related to travel at your company* or attached to a high value corporate client.
* and that company spends sufficient cash for BA to pay some attention to it.

I am the KDM at my company when it comes to travel but we don't spend anywhere near enough on BA for it to lift me from a lowly 97 😉
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is there any indication that there might be any support for CCR cardholders at LHR from the Concorde Team, as part of the new concept?

I have regularly had support at outstations (e.g. LAX, MIA, JFK) but haven't heard from an SS person proactively for years at LHR. In fact, the more I've flown, the more I've spent, the less interested they've been!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by brightstar100
I have regularly had support at outstations (e.g. LAX, MIA, JFK) but haven't heard from an SS person proactively for years at LHR. In fact, the more I've flown, the more I've spent, the less interested they've been!
What sort of support are you looking for? The Concorde Team is there for all CCR users. but you will appreciate that some Prems need additional help since they don't necessarily fly very often and simply don't know how T5 works (e.g. that C57 isn't 3 minutes away). If you are looking for assistance with Security I'm sure you really don't want to go via the staff entrance any more, it's always far slower than the First Wing.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What sort of support are you looking for? The Concorde Team is there for all CCR users. but you will appreciate that some Prems need additional help since they don't necessarily fly very often and simply don't know how T5 works (e.g. that C57 isn't 3 minutes away). If you are looking for assistance with Security I'm sure you really don't want to go via the staff entrance any more, it's always far slower than the First Wing.
I don't need help on a day to day basis, but there are occasional exceptional circumstances. For example, arriving during half term with a child and having to wait 30 minutes at passport control - access to the fast track lane for passport control would have been great. I have numbers and email addresses for the US, it would be great to have so for London. But, I acknowledge that clearly I don't feature sufficiently on BA's radar to be of interest - there must be higher value customers!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have numbers and email addresses for the US, it would be great to have so for London.
Just go to a Concorde Team member and get a business card from one of them. That example - single parent with child - is something they may have been able to assist with, but I would guess it's not a typical thing for them to watch out for (rightly or wrongly), so it would have been best to get in touch.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I don't need help on a day to day basis, but there are occasional exceptional circumstances. For example, arriving during half term with a child and having to wait 30 minutes at passport control - access to the fast track lane for passport control would have been great. I have numbers and email addresses for the US, it would be great to have so for London. But, I acknowledge that clearly I don't feature sufficiently on BA's radar to be of interest - there must be higher value customers!
I'm in exactly the same boat. I find the NY SS team to be extraordinarily helpful but when I've asked for help from the T5 SS team this has been patchy. I will shortly be GGLfL and I'm told that this will make their help more routine.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The easiest way to avoid all of this is for BA to upgrade its IT architecture so that everything BA needs to know about a passenger show up in his profile. Thus, if you turn up at any given lounge anywhere, your BP pulls up your profile and PNR and that advises as to whether you may be admitted, whether by status or ticketed cabin class.

All of the arcane rules should operate in the background. Far easier on the front-line staff and the customer at the same time.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:49 pm

Live in a country that values motherhood; babe in arms or fractious toddler takes you straight to the front of the corporate queue and they don’t even object!

Here, “value motherhood...” means wanting to increase the population quickly.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL
My predictions are as follows.

1. Removal of 3000 tier points to re qualify for GGL , they will make 5000 tier points requirement for new and re qualification.
2. One world will create a new tier above emerald for GGL/CCR, CK, P1 ....
3. New benefits/ enhancements will follow once 1 and 2 are completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.