Capital Markets Day: new announcements

Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Where did the first £400m go? Some blankets and food for LHR-JFK?
Originally Posted by golfmad
Would it not make sense to analyze the detail first before heading down this negative train of thought?
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Please can you point me in the direction of additional information?

The £400m figure has been around for 2-3 years as I can remember, but all I have seen onboard is some new food and blankets on 1 route and a refreshed IFE on 86J 747s. Oh, and wifi on only 4 aircraft. Did I miss something about the onboard product?
I don't have any more information that what's publicly available. This thread on FT suggests we are going to see a new CW seat. I would imagine that the implementation and rollout of this will take up a proportion of the original £400m.

New Club World (Genuinely something new)
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
So BA says they want to be a premium airline for all passengers? Have they elaborated on this point on the webcast?

On BOB, they are aiming at a simplified menu and reallocation of cabin crews? What does that mean?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6948
On BOB, they are aiming at a simplified menu and reallocation of cabin crews? What does that mean?
Move a crew member from CE to ET?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:48 am
Suspended

So BA says they want to be a premium airline for all passengers? Have they elaborated on this point on the webcast?

simplified menu:
reducing unprofitable items and reduce the numbers of offering;

reallocation of cabin crews:
one possibility is to have one cabin crew with a small sized trolley serve one small section (8-10 rows) instead of two cabin crew wheeling double size trolley.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold, VS Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
"Customer improvements planned for BA and IB programmes"

"Progressive introduction of Dynamic Pricing from 2018"

"Group loyalty review in progress"

Worrying!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
simplified menu:
reducing unprofitable items and reduce the numbers of offering;

reallocation of cabin crews:
one possibility is to have one cabin crew with a small sized trolley serve one small section (8-10 rows) instead of two cabin crew wheeling double size trolley.
I have seen this already on a BRU-LHR flight. 2 FAs in front and one a the back.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I have seen this already on a BRU-LHR flight. 2 FAs in front and one a the back.
My guess is that we are likely talking about the other way round!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
My guess is that we are likely talking about the other way round!
But if it doesn't work this way It can't work the other way... I thoughtmay be one less CE FA as to have 2 fully manned trolleys.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Would it not make sense to analyze the detail first before heading down this negative train of thought?
You mean the gradual phasing in of a trolley, a pillow and a blanket? Revolutionary.
choosethedrew, TPJ, Stez and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Disco Volante
You mean the gradual phasing in of a trolley, a pillow and a blanket? Revolutionary.
Do not forget the revolutionary White Company CW amenity bag
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Haven't listened to it all but a couple of interesting if unsurprising bits from WW:
- Their interest in AB was solely bidding for Niki, but LH's bid for AB+Niki was favoured.
- They'll bid for Monarch LGW slots if the administrator gets to sell, or all their airlines are in the queue for any redistribution.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Shame BA are not ordering any more A380s and sticking with the twelve aircraft already delivered. I am sure there must be a deal to be done with Airbus to keep the production line moving?

Also interesting that Slide 26 states 'significant recovery in performance on Brasil and Argentina routes'. This just days after the Rio de Janeiro flights was changed from a four cabin B772 to a 3 cabin B788.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC
So no juicy updates on a new Business Class seat? (I specifically use the words business class, as a new CW seems to be overused, and can cause confusion, as there has been new iterations of CW).

I find it interesting that BA are taking time to go to market with a new hard product when you read about QR and SQ new products that seem to happen very quickly, lets hope the rumours on here that the new planned seat is revolutionary or at least have a 'wow' factor, as it will need to be to stay competitive. No pressure Alex!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
page 11 made me laugh when it talks of 'world class digital experiences' and 'brilliance'

Well the new website is hardly that when it comes to searching for flights / fares and they promise 'more improvements to follow'!

Maybe they use a different dictionary to the rest of us?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
So no juicy updates on a new Business Class seat? (I specifically use the words business class, as a new CW seems to be overused, and can cause confusion, as there has been new iterations of CW).

I find it interesting that BA are taking time to go to market with a new hard product when you read about QR and SQ new products that seem to happen very quickly, lets hope the rumours on here that the new planned seat is revolutionary or at least have a 'wow' factor, as it will need to be to stay competitive. No pressure Alex!
Apparently the new SQ products were four years in the making.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.