Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ARN to LHR via ? to maximise TP, 22nd November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi,

I'll be travelling HBO out of ARN to LHR 22nd Nov. Was originally thinking:

1645 Finnair 814 ARN - HEL, then 1930 Finnair 1339 HEL-LHR.

Google flights was picking up the connection, but not Finnair web site (maybe due to the 50min layover).

Are there any known routes I can take back from ARN to LHR via ?? to maximise a TP run. Helsinki is great at 80TP.

Needs to be the same day so back in LHR evening of 22nd. Departure out of ARN earliest 1600.

My outbound is LHR to OSLO on 20th, 7.20am direct. I'm not sure if I can make this option via HEL for a late AM arrival.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lucas do Rio Verde Airport? Quite a few I imagine
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Ok @MikeFly, I get the point :-:... But I do need to be home the same evening, ie departing out of ARN 1600 ish, landing in LHR the same day.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Can't get it to price via ITA.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Keep in mind you also have to transfer from Schengen to non-Schengen area which at that point in evening can be tough with all the Asian flights departing. 50 mins is tight at the best of times, so maybe reason why they don’t allow it. And if you miss the evening LHR flight you are going to stay in HEL, no pun intended :-)
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
That combination is allowed via HEL, it's just expensive.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:24 am

I did this route a couple of years ago in order to hit gold after a QR flight into ARN. As a single journey in R (Business) it wasn't THAT expensive. It nabbed me the 120 tier points I needed but the Avios awarded weren't brilliant.
From memory it had to be AY metal. No AY codeshares operated by BA were permitted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.