Gifts for FAs?

Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I do it at Christmas time. Give gate agents/check-in desk (at my home airport - EUG), to the TSA agents and to the crews of the flights I am on. See's candy (a US West Coast thing) ina sealed one-pound box. Did it in 2018 on a BA flight (SJC to LHR) in First and was thanked by not only the First FAs but the Captain and other FAs throughout the flight as it was passed around. I get the "tampering" thing and maybe there is a policy about not doing it but I still think it is a nice gesture at the holiday season when tempers are high because of crowds and planes full of novice travelers. :-)
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by JSM8
....If deserved, I will let the individual concerned know towards the end of the flight that I will be sending the Gold Ticket email. I don't expect anything in response, but I do enjoy the warm glow that it seems to confer on the individual cabin crew member the vast majority of whom are genuinely surprised and delighted to be given the ticket......just make sure if you do tell them that you actually do follow up and send the Gold ticket via the website
One might also consider just saying "thank you" on the way out, as I usually do.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: BA bronze, Emirates blue
I always say thank you very much on the way out and also once asked the First Officer who had come out to say goodbye to the pax if he had landed the plane. He said yes and I told him it was a superb landing. He looked please as punch. I am doing a lot of volunteering for St.Johns Ambulance at present ie., vaccinating and post jab observing etc., and it is so nice when people you have just jabbed or looked after thank you and tell you they appreciate what you are doing. It means much more than any gift.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.