Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice on timing for triggering Gold Partner Card upgrade

Advice on timing for triggering Gold Partner Card upgrade

Old Nov 1, 17, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Smile Advice on timing for triggering Gold Partner Card upgrade

My BA 'year' ended mid-October, and I didn't retain Gold, but my account still shows as Gold as my 'card' doesn't expire until the end of November.

When am I safe to have my colleague trigger his Gold Partner upgrade voucher for me... I want to ensure I get the benefit of the upgrade for the remainder of my current year, (i.e. to mid-Oct 2018, plus a complete year as well, to mid-Oct 2019).

Can I do that now, or do I need to wait until my card has expired and the account shows as downgraded online?
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:30 am

Programs: BA GFL / GGL, Mucci Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Are you talking about a GGL partner card?

In my experience, you can't trigger it early - you have to wait until a few days after the downgrade has happened to silver and then your partner will be able to request it online, otherwise you get an error on ba.com. So I think you would get 23 months in this case rather than a full 2 years. HTH
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Yes I do mean the GGL Partner card. In which case, I'll wait until the downgrade shows on my account later this month.

Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:40 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
As ThatT1Feeling notes, he won't be able to trigger the nomination in the time between your TP year end and your card expiry date, i.e. until after 30 Nov. It usually allows the nomination within a couple of days of card expiry date. If this is done in the first couple of days of Dec, you will get pretty much two more full years of gold, because the new partner card (and therefore the benefits) will not expire until end Nov 2019.
ThatT1Feeling and 747_not_777 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: