FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Going to miss flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1874778-going-miss-flight.html)

IntVic Oct 30, 2017 4:24 am

Going to miss flight

Heading to Heathrow but because of a broken down train, I am now going to miss my flight to Belfast. Should I contact BA, if so what contact number or just turn up at Heathrow and make my excuses there?

aidy Oct 30, 2017 4:33 am

contact BA to advise, its 50:50 if they can help but it will be added to the notes.

I did the same when i had a flight delays (on another airline not linked) and as they had the notes they moved me for free (this was also a TATL flight too, where i could of been seriously out of pocket)

corporate-wage-slave Oct 30, 2017 4:46 am

Yes, ring up and ask for it to be added to the PNR. I suspect the contact centre won't rebook you, without a fee but get speak to the staff at LHR when you get there

frb98mf Oct 30, 2017 5:05 am

There are spare seats on every flight LHR-BHD today (including the EI codeshare from T2). In my experience, BA are pretty decent about the "flat tyre rule" as long as you clearly left reasonable time for a delayed journey, and there is space to reaccommodate you easily.

Globaliser Oct 30, 2017 5:07 am

Originally Posted by frb98mf (Post 28993510)
In my experience, BA are pretty decent about the "flat tyre rule" as long as you clearly left reasonable time for a delayed journey, and there is space to reaccommodate you easily.

I'm not sure that BA has a "rule" as such about this. But IME, the ground staff at LHR seem to be aware of a public transport difficulty (ie HEX or Piccadilly Line disruption) when it occurs, and there must be a point to this.

DaveS Oct 30, 2017 5:09 am

01914907901 might work for you and not cost more than the flight.

Often1 Oct 30, 2017 5:45 am

Your contract with BA does not guarantee a rebooking but has language to the effect that it may do so. The sooner you call, the better. As others note, you will not be rebooked on the spot, but your PNR notes will reflect that you called prior to scheduled departure. Staff at LHR will handle rebooking to the extent reasonably possible.

IntVic Oct 30, 2017 8:56 am

Thanks for advice... Was calling BA when train started to move, lost signal in a tunnel... Long story short... made my flight... Phew

Airprox Oct 30, 2017 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 28993514)
I'm not sure that BA has a "rule" as such about this.

Conditions of Carriage section 3c4.

MADPhil Oct 30, 2017 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 28994378)

To save people from rummaging:

3c4) If you need to change any aspect of your transportation because of events beyond your control, you must contact us as soon as possible. We will use reasonable efforts to transport you to your next stopover or final destination, without re-calculating the fare.

Globaliser Oct 30, 2017 10:10 am

Originally Posted by MADPhil (Post 28994397)

Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 28994378)

To save people from rummaging:

3c4) If you need to change any aspect of your transportation because of events beyond your control, you must contact us as soon as possible. We will use reasonable efforts to transport you to your next stopover or final destination, without re-calculating the fare.

Exactly: that's not a "flat tyre rule" as such, but a rule of different ambit.

Odiy Oct 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Happened to me last Friday..

Suicide blocked the west coast line for hours. Five of us due out of LGW to Malaga at 1640. Called BA around 1300 and was swiftly moved to LCY free later that evening. Professionally and swiftly handled. Won't be rushing back to LCY mind!
Now to claim back that Gatwick express fare...

shadowline Oct 30, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Odiy (Post 28995083)
Now to claim back that Gatwick express fare...

who from?

windowontheAside Oct 30, 2017 2:55 pm

I missed a flight due to a suicide on the HEX line once.

A truly horrendous situation for many people. Potentially missing a meeting in the US seemed unimportant by comparison, but AA sorted out me out with no hesitation.

gms Oct 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by shadowline (Post 28995373)
who from?

Is this a trick question? I would hazard a guess they will be claiming a refund from Gatwick Express or wherever they bought their tickets!