Improvements to F / CCR

Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
What clique, treating a public area as if it is your own isnt appropriate?
I think it's more the posting of an intrusive, covert picture. Possibly of a child.

I think it should be removed.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Next time I'm through, I'll get in there at 5am, and do a tasteful Titanic style nude on the sofa with a strategically placed bottle of JW Blue or LPGS
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Didn’t know they did JW Blue in a miniature?
Filthy Monkey likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:41 am

Didnt know they did JW Blue in a miniature?
I'll be bringing my own travel sized bottles to pour it into and it's chilly in there first thing

Seriously though, planning on popping in in the next few days to see for myself. Not quite my cup of tea unlike the white chairs in the Helsinki lounge that are quite stylish.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by steadman
I think it's more the posting of an intrusive, covert picture. Possibly of a child.

I think it should be removed.
I can assure you its not a child (but nice try playing that card).

And if you care to check my posting history I think youll find Im definitely not part of any BA fan-boi cliche around here. Ill call it as I see it.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by bulkhead

And if you care to check my posting history I think youll find Im definitely not part of any BA fan-boi clique around here. Ill call it as I see it.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:48 am

I don't think mocking someone else in this way (even if not a child) is acceptable. His face is only just obscured and he is potentially identifiable.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed. The scope for dissecting that photo is immense (cushion! socks! trackies! Nikes! acting shoes size!) but it may be tricky to stay on topic (unless it's split out into another thread I guess).
Maybe it is time for the BA forum to start a companion thread to the long running Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers ? While I dare say they might have more material on DL, I suspect BA passengers are better at identifying it.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I don't think mocking someone else in this way (even if not a child) is acceptable. His face is only just obscured and he is potentially identifiable.
He doesnt look like he cares what anyone else thinks!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
This is not the first time I have seen this sort of chavy behaviour in the CCR. I remember someone posting a picture on a review I read a few years before. Furthermore I am surprised it was not reported to a dragon and the perpetrator evicted.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:35 am

I did mention a while ago I had seen a couple, not too far off the likes of Wayne and Waynetta Slob from Harry Enfield, with the man partly sprawled out in a sleepy state on a sofa in his string vest.

It's definitely one extreme to another in the CCR. Seen quite a few in there all dolled up in their designer gear, some rather smart, others looking like some of the reality tv Hollywood wives who love leopard skin patterns and have had excessive plastic surgery.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Originally Posted by bulkhead

And if you care to check my posting history I think youll find Im definitely not part of any BA fan-boi cliche around here. Ill call it as I see it.
Doesn't matter if it's a child so there's no card to play. Posting an identifiable picture of someone who's commited no crime is really not appropriate. And just so you can all point and laugh at their lack of class. Of the irony.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
He doesnt look like he cares what anyone else thinks!
Ok, so that's how it works. We can all just make an assumption that gets us off the hook and carry on being as vulgar as we like. That'll make life easier.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nallison
Ok, so that's how it works. We can all just make an assumption that gets us off the hook and carry on being as vulgar as we like. That'll make life easier.
It may be best not to take this too seriously. It strikes me as fairly amusing, the individual is in a public space, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that important. Moreover this thread is essentially about the recent changes to CCR itself rather than its users, so we best not get too diverted I would perhaps suggest.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Isn't the simplest solution here to obscure the face of the persons in photo?

I tend to think that is a polite thing to do anyway, unless of course one has the subject's permission to post the photo, face and all.

That should help to keep the forum peace, hopefully, too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.