Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Seeing photos of an 'exclusive' facility can very often bring feelings of envy and regret in those not on the guest list.

In my case, this CCR thread has had the exact opposite effect.

Now ..... those SQ redesigned interior shots, on the other hand .......
bafan likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:11 am

Whilst the SQ new first class looks lovely, by reducing the number of suites to six on a 380, sadly it will remain out of reach for many on here I suspect..
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by subject2load
Now ..... those SQ redesigned interior shots, on the other hand .......
It will be interesting to see what EK come with next week...
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It will be interesting to see what EK come with next week...
Indeed it will. Was on the drawing board for some time.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:26 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Anyway... we've drifted off topic.

Just my +1 that those new sofas look hideous
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think EY and SQ are trying to vie for the 'super high end' in the air. The airline closest to trying that segment in Europe is AF (which actually offers much better on the ground service than both EY and SQ) but even it is quite a distance from that concept in terms of the onboard hard product.

I think we can safely say that BA is not in any way trying to enter that specific segment. Its F has different ambitions and targets, so personally, I think that comparing any aspect to the BA F product to the new A380 SQ suites or the EK residence or even apartments is unlikely to lead to very useful/realistic comparison.

In any case, let's just hope that FT is not representative of F flyers+CCR users or else BA's choice for the new furniture might be less well received than they might have hoped.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 6:47 am
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
BA do not pay anywhere the RRP !
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I imagineBA don't care about SQ. It's not a charity and will compete as necessary where they make the most money - I assume, unless they exist to wind you guys up. For example I couldn't care less if SQ charged a quid for their f cabin. So they fly London to the USA often like BA? These comparisons constantly , are fruitless, as BA quite simply do not rate them as competition. They can't do surely.

Saying all that, although the CCR suits my needs perfectly apart more power needed tho for others I can see that it does need redoing, but a total remodel is more in order to address others concerns here.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I imagineBA don't care about SQ. It's not a charity and will compete as necessary where they make the most money - I assume, unless they exist to wind you guys up. For example I couldn't care less if SQ charged a quid for their f cabin. So they fly London to the USA often like BA? These comparisons constantly , are fruitless, as BA quite simply do not rate them as competition. They can't do surely.

Saying all that, although the CCR suits my needs perfectly apart more power needed tho for others I can see that it does need redoing, but a total remodel is more in order to address others concerns here.
BA do fly LHR-SIN though, in direct competition with the SQ product! Point taken about BA being essentially a TATL airline.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's interesting to see how many negative comments there are on the SQ forum for the new F Suite - it looks fabulous to me, and a massive step up from BA F - guess there's just no pleasing everyone. I do agree that the new J seat does not look comfortable in bed mode though so hope BA won't be borrowing that design.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
BA do fly LHR-SIN though, in direct competition with the SQ product! Point taken about BA being essentially a TATL airline.
Thanks , though I may think it's pointless to compare BA with SQ and other such airlines, don't get me wrong, I would love BA to have a product like that. It looks awesome - looks nicer than some hotels I have stayed in the past! I normally have to be woken up for landing in CW. God knows, how they or my partner would get me up if I ever flew SQ.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I showed my wife the picture and she likes it. She was rather amused/confused by some of the reaction....''why are they getting so upset over a bit of furniture in an airport lounge''?
PETER01 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I showed my wife the picture and she likes it.

Good to hear she likes the look of the CCR furniture HIDDY !

Then again, as contented "non-status economy passengers" (your own words), I wouldn't imagine the CCR is of any interest to you one way or the other
bafan and PleasureFlyer like this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by subject2load

Then again, as contented "non-status economy passengers" (your own words), I wouldn't imagine the CCR is of any interest to you one way or the other
Nor should the CCR furniture be of the slightest bit of interest to those who choose to fly other OW airlines in order to earn their BAEC status cheaper and quicker.
Geordie405 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.