Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
My word, that is grim.
hahhhahah, for some reason that has really tickled me.

As someone who is normally a pretty strong defender of the CCR and generally liked the look and feel of the place (despite normally preferring a more contemporary style in the main) and have enjoyed my 10 or so visits, I have to join in with the choruses of "what on earth were they thinking?!?!"
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It looks like ‘Scotch Corner’ doesn’t meet with everyone’s approval.

Perhaps the other areas might be less offensive to the tastes of the FT community?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by bafan
I wonder if it’s a coincidence that it’s 1-2-1 seating. The colours are a bit grim (at least to my mind).

And not sure how practical it is for 4 single passengers...
I agree.

It looks like a nice setup for a group travelling together. Of course when they get there, there'll be one person and his/her things spread out across the whole area blocking it off.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
If it's comfortable to sit on then it wins over some of the furniture I have see in my time. I once saw a chair that looked cutting edge but felt awful to sit on. The actual furniture might be quite nice to sit on but I agree the fabrics are an acquired taste. Maybe BA got a deal on some furniture that someone else had turned down. Or the wrong colour way/fabric was accidentally written down on the order. (I've seen that happen)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:21 pm
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
Opinion in our household is also not good on the new furniture

Husband thinks the furniture has been borrowed from his Granmothers nursing home.

Son (age 18) comments that “ they try and tart up our sofas at school by chucking new cushions on them but they are still knackered cheap fake leather things and look better than that”

Daughter (age 15) “people studied at university, got a job, designed that and got paid
for it “
Tough crowd in our house
mradey and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The CCR is hereby renamed the DFS Room.
Is there a sale on ?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
they are either super trendy or super bad !
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by bafan
Is there a sale on ?
Buy now and nothing to pay until 2019. Kerrrching.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:35 am

I wonder where they got them from. I don't believe someone actually went out searching for a sick coloured pink sofa.

Really the whole place needs gutting and redoing instead of these drip drip drip 'refurbishments'.
Dave_C, 710 77345 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by 1010101
I wonder where they got them from. I don't believe someone actually went out searching for a sick coloured pink sofa.

Really the whole place needs gutting and redoing instead of these drip drip drip 'refurbishments'.
Couldn't agree more. The 'Cabana's' were poor from the start.

They could do a much better job with the space they have in general.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL
The biggest enhancement I noticed when I walked in this morning was removing charging points. Not sure why this had to be done. The area by the displays next to the bar lost the plug points and there is nothing outside either.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by baflyer123
The biggest enhancement I noticed when I walked in this morning was removing charging points. Not sure why this had to be done. The area by the displays next to the bar lost the plug points and there is nothing outside either.
Seriously? That's a shame. The trusty extension plugs that had been installed under the magazine table on the terrace, where you end up scrambling around on the floor trying to find the socket before lining your thirsty phone up in a neat line next to everyone else's, has been a big feature of all my recent visits.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by baflyer123
For me that makes no sense. One of the things I enjoy about CX Pier is that there are power points littered around the seating.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by K&C
Opinion in our household is also not good on the new furniture

Tough crowd in our house
They sound like well rounded intelligent people to me

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
they are either super trendy or super bad !
They are bad, simply bad, bad, bad

Originally Posted by stevie
Couldn't agree more. The 'Cabana's' were poor from the start.

They could do a much better job with the space they have in general.
I was beginning to think it was just me!

What's missing is the antimacassar!

Meanwhile in the real world airlines launch new lounges and cabin interiors. The latest is SQ who have redesigned the entire interior of their A380 which has been flying for 10 years. It looks stunning!

Dave_C, stevie, orbitmic and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Saw this, pretty spectacular. Only problem is the unfortunate wording in their marketing literature

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.