Improvements to F / CCR

Old Nov 1, 17, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Dirty Brown!, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
If one is permitted to go back on topic, here is a photo of some of the new furniture. They have replaced the section between the east end of the bar and the glass windows partitioning off the terrace. About two dozen items in all, I think. I would take more photos but it's a bit of an effort shifting people out of their seats so I can take a snap. This is probably the smartest of the new items, I can see this turning into a go-to corner of CCR.

Holy moly, which interior design firm was commissioned to create that look? It beggars belief that in this day and age such garbage/retro looking items are used in BA's flagship lounge. Reminds me too of my great-grandmothers house circa 1970!

Surely this is only temporary?
Old Nov 1, 17, 12:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
I seem to have found their inspiration behind the furniture...
Ha, very good.

Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
Have you seen me before?!
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I know enough to know that you wear a kilt.
PETER01 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Retro / traditional / classic are words that can be used with the right, quality refurb (or even refresh)

These are not words I’d use to describe that furniture!
Old Nov 1, 17, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
I can see this turning into a go-to corner of CCR.

I know you're one of BA's biggest advocates, but that's pushing it.

What do some dated pink seats with tartan cushions have that draws passengers towards them?
Old Nov 1, 17, 3:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
What do some dated pink seats with tartan cushions have that draws passengers towards them?
This morning 18 different people sat on the 6 items of seating concerned in a 90 minute period, probably more than any other section so far as I could tell. However I suspect the close proximity to the bar may also be a factor....
Old Nov 1, 17, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA silver
This morning 18 different people sat on the 6 items of seating concerned in a 90 minute period, probably more than any other section so far as I could tell. However I suspect the close proximity to the bar may also be a factor....
Sitting on it so they don't have to look at it.

A bit like being inside the A380, one don't see the ugly exterior.
Old Nov 1, 17, 4:19 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Quite a contrast from the design of the Singapore Concorde Bar.....
Old Nov 1, 17, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Yes, I think it probably is a fairly traditional look, but I think the thing about CCR is that actually there are quite a variety of seating styles now, over a dozen main variants, so I would hope there is something for everyone somewhere. The six items in that corner are not to be found anywhere else, for example.
That's a very good point and clever thinking on BA's part. ^

If it keeps the older generation separated from the young uptarts I'm all for this form of 'segregation' through interior design.

Last edited by HIDDY; Nov 1, 17 at 4:50 pm
Old Nov 1, 17, 4:47 pm

Looks good to me. Granny furniture that is soft and comfortable is great. Traditional as fish Ďní chips or mushy peas. Bring it on.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Was in the CCR this morning and I'll admit to being a little disappointed by the new furniture. It's not just that it is not particularly to my taste (despite being generally comfortable), but I think it also looks like random bits and pieces which do not really go well together.

Anyway, we stuck to the terrace in what was a very busy CCR. At least today the plugs seemed to work which they did not on my visit last week (except in the business centre). I really think that more working plugs should be a priority over changing the upholstery of the sofas.
Old Nov 1, 17, 5:19 pm

They could have gone the whole hog and left the plastic covers on the furniture for that real older generation feel.

And it would have had the benefit of preventing stains :-)
Crampedin13A, orbitmic and dylanks like this.
Old Nov 1, 17, 5:22 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
What are these... things!!
Old Nov 1, 17, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
If one is permitted to go back on topic, here is a photo of some of the new furniture. They have replaced the section between the east end of the bar and the glass windows partitioning off the terrace. About two dozen items in all, I think. I would take more photos but it's a bit of an effort shifting people out of their seats so I can take a snap. This is probably the smartest of the new items, I can see this turning into a go-to corner of CCR.

I wonder if itís a coincidence that itís 1-2-1 seating. The colours are a bit grim (at least to my mind).

And not sure how practical it is for 4 single passengers...
Old Nov 1, 17, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
The CCR is hereby renamed the DFS Room.
cosmo74 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: