Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Why were you given a Club World dish?
They had none left in F. The harassed CC did apologise but said the CW offering was very good.

The following morning I wish I had been offered a CW breakfast as the almost forgotten pancakes I ordered were rock hard and inedible. Even more harassed by now CC blamed the utter hopelessness of the coffee maker as the cause of the all-round breakfast chaos!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If one is permitted to go back on topic, here is a photo of some of the new furniture. They have replaced the section between the east end of the bar and the glass windows partitioning off the terrace. About two dozen items in all, I think. I would take more photos but it's a bit of an effort shifting people out of their seats so I can take a snap. This is probably the smartest of the new items, I can see this turning into a go-to corner of CCR.

Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:00 am

I am not sure I like that new furniture very much. It looks a little dated.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Thanks for the photo. That doesn't look to my taste, I must say, though perhaps it will look better in real life. I wish they'd replaced those old, flimsy little side tables as well, which now clash even more badly with the sofas and chairs. Perhaps that's still to come?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I am not sure I like that new furniture very much. It looks a little dated.
Yes, I think it probably is a fairly traditional look, but I think the thing about CCR is that actually there are quite a variety of seating styles now, over a dozen main variants, so I would hope there is something for everyone somewhere. The six items in that corner are not to be found anywhere else, for example.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
When I saw the picture I thought it was a joke, sadly not.
Crampedin13A, Stez and Geordie405 like this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Crikey - this doesn't look too "luxurious"
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Crikey - this doesn't look too "luxurious"
It looks like the lounge of a retirement home
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All is missing from the picture is a couple of Zimmer frames.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:56 am

I have had a closer look, and there are three areas with new furniture, different styles. So the area between the concierge desk and the dining room; the rear fire place by the toddler room; and the corner shown above by the bar and along the glass windows.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are any of the pieces a bit more contemporary ?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Are any of the pieces a bit more contemporary ?
I am not an expert, but I would say no, it's generally a classic /traditional style. However in context it looks good, it fits in, and the reason I can't take photos is that all the new seats have people on them. So they aren't that repulsive.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If one is permitted to go back on topic, here is a photo of some of the new furniture. They have replaced the section between the east end of the bar and the glass windows partitioning off the terrace. About two dozen items in all, I think. I would take more photos but it's a bit of an effort shifting people out of their seats so I can take a snap. This is probably the smartest of the new items, I can see this turning into a go-to corner of CCR.

My grandmother discarded stuff like this in the 60's They really cannot be serious......surely?

And the carpet look horrible, though I suspect its not new and has been there since 2008
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How comforting.....'we'll take more care of you' springs to mind. Just right for us oldies.
crazyanglaisy and mikeyfly like this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
and in the same week a "real airline" opened this at one of their outstations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.