Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:45 pm

Delete

Last edited by rossmacd; Nov 10, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Prospero
That said, I don't know which studio BA approached for the CCR refresh - it may not have been Graven.
Ahem ...

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Apparently there was a sale on at Furniture Village
BTW, should BA send that sofa of many colours back for only having three knobs on it ?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
... BTW, should BA send that sofa of many colours back for only having three knobs on it ?
It only has three of them ... until it is occupied
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:06 am

I'm in the lounge now and I have to say that the new furniture does look better in the flesh than the photos portrayed.

The Cabanas, although nice, do seem to waste a lot of space.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by shonerm
I'm in the lounge now and I have to say that the new furniture does look better in the flesh than the photos portrayed.

The Cabanas, although nice, do seem to waste a lot of space.
Good to hear it looks better in the flesh.

Regarding the terrace, could it be there was plenty of space to use? I've only used the T5 CCR three times, but each time the terrace was very sparsely populated.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Good to hear it looks better in the flesh.

Regarding the terrace, could it be there was plenty of space to use? I've only used the T5 CCR three times, but each time the terrace was very sparsely populated.
particularly by the waiting staff
bullroot likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Nuster
particularly by the waiting staff
Haha
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Indeed, especially given that the majority of feedback on here has been positive from those who have seen it 'in the flesh'.
Originally Posted by Prospero
We need to put this into perspective - the CCR room has received an interiors refresh, so new furniture, fittings, and soft furnishings. This has all been introduced without a single day of closure whereas a full refurbishment can take months to fit out - just look at HKG where Cathay Pacific's G16 lounge has been shuttered for almost all of 2017 and is still not expected to reopen (as The Deck) until after the new year.

If there is any extensive work needed to the CCR, it is with the washrooms and cabanas. The rest of the facility is has worn well during the past decade and is still of immaculate quality.
True but this update does not propel the CCR as a world leading lounge. Whilst the likes of the CX lounges have been closed for some period it is fair to say the wait was worth it.

Mods should we put out a poll on the CCR refurb?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by icegirl
True but this update does not propel the CCR as a world leading lounge. Whilst the likes of the CX lounges have been closed for some period it is fair to say the wait was worth it.

Mods should we put out a poll on the CCR refurb?
As long as it is only open to people who have ACTUALLY seen it in person.

Keyboard warriors need not apply IMHO.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by MPH1980
As long as it is only open to people who have ACTUALLY seen it in person.

Keyboard warriors need not apply IMHO.

Or have 2 polls, one open to all and a 2nd to those who have.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
True but this update does not propel the CCR as a world leading lounge.
Being one of the few participants in this thread who has actually been to the CCR since the update (three times now) I have to disagree with you, the CCR is a world leading lounge, no question in my mind about that. I'm certainly willing to accept that other lounges may be better, in some people's opinion, but it's going to be right up towards the top of the list in any fair minded analysis. Others who have visited CCR have given opinions ranging from "it's fine" to "it's great", to paraphrase, but again I think a fair assessment. I don't think we have had anyone who has been inside the CCR in the last few days and said "yuck" to the refresh, unless I've missed something.

Doesn't that tell you something?

Use of the CCR is not mandatory, by all means route yourself via CDG if you are that unhappy about it, but I'm quite sure that of all the lounges featured in Flyertalk, the CCR will remain the most sought after lounge for visits, at least on FT. The numbers speak for themselves (the CCR menu rotation has more hits than the other lounges put together) and I'm equally sure that most First users will want to enjoy the updated CCR.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Everyone to their own I guess. The lounge is actually stunning when you are there.
Don’t think it looks bad (esp the rest of the lounge, a tad monochrome perhaps, never actually been though sadly) that one pic though however is pretty out there imagination wise.

Not the kind of thing you’d have at home!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Or have 2 polls, one open to all and a 2nd to those who have.
It would certainly be interesting, if only to prove the point.

The CCR has never been very photogenic for whatever reasons, in its old guise however, for me, it’s hard to beat waiting for a plane out on the terrace
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Being one of the few participants in this thread who has actually been to the CCR since the update (three times now) I have to disagree with you, the CCR is a world leading lounge, no question in my mind about that. I'm certainly willing to accept that other lounges may be better, in some people's opinion, but it's going to be right up towards the top of the list in any fair minded analysis. Others who have visited CCR have given opinions ranging from "it's fine" to "it's great", to paraphrase, but again I think a fair assessment. I don't think we have had anyone who has been inside the CCR in the last few days and said "yuck" to the refresh, unless I've missed something.

Doesn't that tell you something?

Use of the CCR is not mandatory, by all means route yourself via CDG if you are that unhappy about it, but I'm quite sure that of all the lounges featured in Flyertalk, the CCR will remain the most sought after lounge for visits, at least on FT. The numbers speak for themselves (the CCR menu rotation has more hits than the other lounges put together) and I'm equally sure that most First users will want to enjoy the updated CCR.
Sorry to say given I generally respect this poster's opinion but I certainly detect Stockholm Syndrome.

By this logic BA is the most sought after airline based on FT hits

I think it depends on how you define"top of the list".i would definitely choose (a few) CX lounges, plus AF, LH, QR, QF, JAL, SQ, EY first lounges ahead of CCR.

My view of the CCR is that it is tired, badly waited, dreadful toilets and showers, mediocre food and with inadequate power points. Putting a few couches and sunbeds into it is welcome but hardly moves the dial from "adequate".

If top 10 or 15 is "world leading" then yes it probably is.
bullroot likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Would suggest the reason the CCR menu thread has so many hits is because there are a lot of posters here who do an excellent job keeping it up to date, the BA forum gets way more hits than any of the other airlines that offer F apart from AA and because BA F is quite widely available and so the thread is relevant to a larger number of people. If you're reading into that that it means people would prefer to visit the CCR to the AF La Premiere Lounge or the LH FCT I think you're a bit delusional, frankly.

Take your point on not commenting on the refurb until you've seen it in person so reserve commentary on that until I'm through the CCR in a couple of weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.