Improvements to F / CCR

Old Oct 30, 17, 6:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by binman View Post
Without a fundemental re think of both J and F any tinkering with the products, on the ground or in the air, is nothing more than lipstick on a pig.
What a bizarre comment. I flew F to JFK on Saturday and enjoyed a superlative experience beginning to end:

*started with a huge smile and warm welcome at the entrance to the F class check in area
*F wing with both lanes open and just one couple in front of me. Friendly and efficient security.
*Great CCR experience. BA175 cocktails just wonderful, served in a friendly manner by a woman who clearly knew her stuff. Tasty lunch. Great coffee.
*The best of BA crew onboard. Looked after well by experienced, smiling crew. Delicious lunch. Dessert, dessert wine. Panasonic IFE. Exit door 1L. Beautiful 747 aircraft (sad day for me when they retire).

I simply don't recognise the airline you describe as a metaphorical 'pig'. OK BA can be inconsistent, and there is room for improvement, but your views seem so extreme I am left wondering if you have an axe to grind.
HIDDY, pdsuk, Pascoe and 7 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 17, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox View Post
New furniture should go out tonight!
New furniture in LHR CCR ? Really?
Old Oct 30, 17, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by EDIer View Post
It's as about as good as the new floor that came in during the last 'refurbishment'
Old Oct 30, 17, 8:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, World of Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Only quick 15 mins visit to CCR this evening, but can't say I noticed. I think a more fundamental upgrade is required.
Old Oct 30, 17, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences View Post
What a bizarre comment. I flew F to JFK on Saturday and enjoyed a superlative experience beginning to end:

*started with a huge smile and warm welcome at the entrance to the F class check in area
*F wing with both lanes open and just one couple in front of me. Friendly and efficient security.
*Great CCR experience. BA175 cocktails just wonderful, served in a friendly manner by a woman who clearly knew her stuff. Tasty lunch. Great coffee.
*The best of BA crew onboard. Looked after well by experienced, smiling crew. Delicious lunch. Dessert, dessert wine. Panasonic IFE. Exit door 1L. Beautiful 747 aircraft (sad day for me when they retire).

I simply don't recognise the airline you describe as a metaphorical 'pig'. OK BA can be inconsistent, and there is room for improvement, but your views seem so extreme I am left wondering if you have an axe to grind.
this. ��

Last edited by BOStonTravels; Oct 31, 17 at 6:54 am
Old Oct 31, 17, 12:00 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL/CCR
----------------

If you donít mind me asking, whatís the BA175 cocktail - I never look at the cocktail menu - sounds intriguing - Iím more of a lager man (I know I know - I blame my parents ) unless at the CCR when its LPGS , well of course.

PS - just looked it up , that it is the BA CCR special - whatís in it tho?

PPS - Gin, Champagne, Apricot, Pink Grapefruit I have just discovered for any others interested. Sounds a bit to on the wild side for me, but now I know I gotta try it when back next.

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Oct 31, 17 at 12:21 am
Old Oct 31, 17, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo View Post
If you donít mind me asking, whatís the BA175 cocktail - I never look at the cocktail menu - sounds intriguing - Iím more of a lager man (I know I know - I blame my parents ) unless at the CCR when its LPGS , well of course.

PPS - Gin, Champagne, Apricot, Pink Grapefruit I have just discovered for any others interested. Sounds a bit to on the wild side for me, but now I know I gotta try it when back next.
There are some more details on the CCR cocktail menu in this thread Cocktail Menu introduced in Concorde Room (LHR)
Old Oct 31, 17, 1:29 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
There are some more details on the CCR cocktail menu in this thread Cocktail Menu introduced in Concorde Room (LHR)
Thanks KARFA - sounds very intriguing - maybe just the one will suffice though when we are there next..
Old Oct 31, 17, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thanks KARFA - sounds very intriguing - maybe just the one will suffice though when we are there next..
One won't be enough, it leads to another and another

A beguiling mix of sweet and tang, great depth of flavour, long finish, gentle bubbles but watch out - quite strong! My husband took to them even more than I did.

As an attempt to keep this on topic, this is one aspect of the CCR that I hope doesn't get improved!
Old Oct 31, 17, 6:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
A very belated welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Vorno123! ^
Old Oct 31, 17, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum

Just read this now from the CCR so I had to give it a go. It is very nice - but does taste strong!
Old Oct 31, 17, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by EDIer View Post
Apparently a nearby Wetherspoons closed down.
SW7London, Geordie405 and cosmo74 like this.
Old Oct 31, 17, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: NA
Thanks for welcome Peter!

Just had this email from BA:
"The improvements to our Club World cabins are still in progress after which we will be improving the First Class cabin, however this is quite a lengthily process so we are unable provide you with a guarantee at this stage."

(this was in response to a question I had for a booking in F in March 2018 and whether recent CW improvements will be replicated by then - as I normally book CW)
Old Oct 31, 17, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Vorno123 View Post
Thanks for welcome Peter!

Just had this email from BA:
"The improvements to our Club World cabins are still in progress after which we will be improving the First Class cabin, however this is quite a lengthily process so we are unable provide you with a guarantee at this stage."

(this was in response to a question I had for a booking in F in March 2018 and whether recent CW improvements will be replicated by then - as I normally book CW)
Beautifully crafted.

Suitably vague, yet totally watertight
Old Oct 31, 17, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold / Miles and Smiles Elite / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / SPG Gold

No axe to grind, no agenda simply my very humble opinion from actually flying on BA and other airlines over 30 years. BA was, once, a very good airline but they have declined to being a rather poor mid level second division carrier.

There will always be airlines with worse crew but there are now few with poorer hard products. Their short haul service is risible. Club world is 8 a cross and First, well a shadow of its former self.

As for cocktails, the last time I asked for a vodka martini was on a SFO LHR in F. I returned to my seat to find a glass a bottle of vodka and a bottle of vermouth. the crew had no idea how to make it!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: