Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
This is the most hideous furniture 'upgrade' I have seen in a long time. LH FCT set the standard in 2004. 13 years later BA does this? Wow. ��

��
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by 710 77345
"The very best in luxury interiors" and with "great service"? Jesus wept.
Typical BA press release guff, I've seen worse. The phrase "iconic pieces of furniture" is worse - the drab CCR furniture is iconic to whom, exactly?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Typical BA press release guff, I've seen worse. The phrase "iconic pieces of furniture" is worse - the drab CCR furniture is iconic to whom, exactly?
Tbh I thought that press release was pretty understated, compared to the usual guff they push put...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Typical FT response....getting all worked up over a few pieces of furniture which you'll only have to see a few times a year if you're lucky.
stevie, pdsuk, PETER01 and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The CCR Terrace ‘cabanas’-are coming on Monday. I believe.
As I predicted, I see the Terrace cabanas have been set up, which are in addition to the recliners.

Look forward to seeing them later this month and hearing the comments, especially from those using the CCR.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:58 pm

Again ... I think the photos make these look worse than they are. I saw them today and thought they looked fine.

If I was with a group I think these spaces would be a great place to chill.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I was there yesterday and although the makeover wasn't finished, the new chairs and couches were extremely comfortable. Better than in any other lounge I have been in.

Given their comfort, I really don't care about how they look ... it actually didn't bother me, or the other 3 in our group.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The press release photos look quite nice. I think BA could do a lot more with the space, but it's a half-decent attempt at a mid-life refresh, and brings a slightly more modern twist to the classic style furniture.

With the lounge coming up to 10 years old, I hope a more thorough refurbishment is on the horizon.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
been away for a few days and furnituregate is still ongoing I see. It may last longer than the BA burgergate.

Its just some chairs- they look comfy enough to me - didnt know we had loads of interior designers here.

the only reason I wouldnt sit there, is that they are too far away from the bar.
HIDDY, Slackevans and navylad like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
I feel slightly out of place commenting on an F thread or CCR in this case as I haven't ever flown F therefore not had the privilege of CCR or any F lounge/experience YET!

However from these photos, (look at the stir you've caused C-W-S with your advert for a 3 piece suite!!) but also having had the privilege of visiting the T5 Galleries lounges, B Concourse being my fav at LHR, the overall structural design maybe the biggest challenge here (the disappointed people have expressed above) in creating a new interior for these lounges?

I'm no interior design expert, but the open ceilings and lack of 4 walls means that despite a beautiful open space, there is very little you can dramatically achieve in the interior design, as it's mostly the furniture and fixtures that can be changed with the odd free standing partition. I did ponder this on a visit early in the year, that with the openness of the structure its very hard to do much to the overall design perception.

Maybe that is why adding the odd group of furniture to a particular area might struggle to win hearts here as you still have the same T5 structural ceiling above and the open space that doesn't really end or begin. I'm certainly not complaining about the 'glass open feeling' that many terminals lack.

To the architects this may be beautiful and interesting but have AA JFK Flagship and CX lounge T3 etc may achieve a better reception because there is a clear overall change to the surroundings and not just a set of new furniture/fittings. LGW beats T5 in my opinion now.

My overall point is that T5, as beautiful a structure it is, its also very challenging for the interior to emulate this, purely because of the design and architecture. However, come to think of it, some of the retail stores downstairs do achieve a beautiful design space perfectly, Louis Vuitton springs to mind!

One day I may visit CCR, and probably just be grateful I'm there! That is providing they keep topping up my glass!
HIDDY and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
“It’s all about luxury...and sustainability” Errr. What?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I experienced the newly revamped CCR for the first time today, and I agree with those who have observed that the care home re-design in the main sections of the lounge doesn't come across half as bad in real life as it does in the photos posted on here. It is not, however, modern, nor is there any consistency in design across the lounge. In summary, I am unpersuaded by the mishmash of design choices, and look forward to the complete overhaul that is planned for a couple of years time. But life goes on, and the lounge remains a very comfortable place to wait for your flight - better than being in one of the other BA lounges, and a world away from being seated in the main terminal concourse.

I do like the new 'cabanas' on the terrace, and was quite surprised just how much the feel of the terrace has changed because of these - for the better. The wicker loungers, however, look completely out of place to me. Good for chilling out by the pool; not appropriate for a flagship lounge in an airport.

The BA video and press release is cringeworthy in the extreme. Who are they aiming to speak to, and/or convince, with this patronising nonsense? Has the marketing industry really lost the plot this much, or is this unique to BA and its sense of self-importance?!

And to add: 2 of the 3 plugs I tried weren't working. My mention of this to the manager led to sincere apologies and a promise of action, but I have had reason to complain about this on a number of occasions and still the problem persists. If you're going to revamp the lounge, surely you would take time to sort out the basics.

Last edited by crazyanglaisy; Nov 8, 2017 at 6:00 pm Reason: added info about plug failures
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by AdBoy
“It’s all about luxury...and sustainability” Errr. What?
I think they mean that the upholstery has been specified as a type which will withstand heavy use and not wear out too quickly. Anything wrong with that?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Typical FT response....getting all worked up over a few pieces of furniture which you'll only have to see a few times a year if you're lucky.
Unfortunately, very very true -- what amazes me is why people with such negative opinions about BA continue to give them their money ?
offtothehills and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by mikebg
I think they mean that the upholstery has been specified as a type which will withstand heavy use and not wear out too quickly. Anything wrong with that?
I took it more as ‘let’s get the saving-the-planet-for-future-generations angle in there’ from the PR team who wrote the script.

Which seems an odd context when talking about ‘luxury’ furniture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.