Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to F / CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy
Probably the right choice for cozy Aberdeen... but not for London.
....not sure the flagship UK lounge for discerning international traffic needs to be all about London.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The CCR Terrace ‘cabanas’-are coming on Monday. I believe.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently

Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Many thanks lost_in_translation

While I know little, I think they will be ‘open’ and nothing like the other cabanas in the CCR.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Sorry for delay, thanks for asking. In all honesty, I suspect you might be reading way too much into my post when you say that I have 'scorn' for the CCR lounge, but let me try to clarify.

Firstly - and as I think is already apparent from my earlier comment - no, I have not used the CCR. I do not have status-based access ; and these days I'm not inclined to book F tickets on BA (largely because I find their CW product rather lacklustre, so it doesn't give me high expectations for their F).

The point I was making was simply that it's hard for me to see the CCR as aspirational, when I read the wide range of negative comments about it from many of those who do have access. I recall seeing some photos of the CCR washroom doors a while back (perhaps now renewed ?) which, along with these latest shots of new furniture, just don't paint a picture of a high quality facility. So when I talked about an 'exclusive facility' it could equally have been an uber-luxury hotel room, an innovative aircraft 'suites' style cabin, a truly special airport lounge etc etc. My point was really about the fact that I simply never get the feeling that I'm missing out by not having CCR access. Nothing about 'scorn'.

As for my use of the word 'exclusive' : this wasn't specifically about the level of occupancy, or how quiet the lounge may or may not be, at any given time. It was more about image and perception. I am aware that many people do enjoy the CCR, and it's clear that yourself are very happy with it - as I think you are with all things BA. Each to their own I guess.

All that said, maybe I should give the CCR a go by booking F with BA. I've actually been considering it for my next trip to Australia. But then I always stop off in Asia en route for a week or so (both ways), and when I remember that with EK I get chauffeured cars at all points (involving as many as eight different FOC transfers to & from airports) - along with a superior hard product, including onboard showers and a bar/lounge area with canapés etc - it doesn't really stack up for me.
I note that you have strong opinions on this matter even though you have not used the CCR, yet upthread you saw relevance in another member's alleged flying patterns and questioned their interest in the topic. Anyway, I hope you give the CCR a try, and hope that you may be pleasantly surprised, although of course that would require an open mind.

Just to clear one thing up - I am not happy with all things BA, as my recent threads about my F flights to ORD and experience from LGW to/from ANU testify. Flying CW to LGW tonight (with low expectations on a Rockwell-Collins 777), so we shall see how that goes...
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by mda03jb
Completely in agreement with the almost universally negative opinion expressed above. Who on earth signs off on stuff like this?! I'm not sure which is the worse scenario: they paid an interior designer to select something so hideous or that they got them off Del Boy for a knock down price having "fallen off the back of a lorry"!
Some World Cargo customer didn't pay their bill...
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
They are putting loungers in there, rather than 'cabanas' to discourage people using the sofas as beds!
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I note that you have strong opinions on this matter even though you have not used the CCR, yet upthread you saw relevance in another member's alleged flying patterns and questioned their interest in the topic. Anyway, I hope you give the CCR a try, and hope that you may be pleasantly surprised, although of course that would require an open mind.
Yeah it's a bit rich of him to slag me considering he's still to sample the perfectly adequate delights of the CCR for himself. Of course he is a BAEC Gold card holder which does seem to trump the opinions of a Blue on here.

At least he did admit to not ever having been in the CCR which says a lot about his honesty.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They are putting loungers in there, rather than 'cabanas' to discourage people using the sofas as beds!
Thanks.

I have heard the word ‘cabana’ used to describe the new arrangements but I expect that it is a more casual recliner area as you mention.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yeah it's a bit rich of him to slag me considering he's still to sample the perfectly adequate delights of the CCR for himself. Of course he is a BAEC Gold card holder which does seem to trump the opinions of a Blue on here.

At least he did admit to not ever having been in the CCR which says a lot about his honesty.
Did I 'slag' you ....

I was merely repeating your own words, so that would be a strange conclusion indeed.

You do seem to have misconstrued things somewhat ; whether inadvertently or intentionally, I can't be sure.

You yourself told us just recently that you are a "contented, no-status economy class traveller" (nothing wrong with that).

You have also said that F class travel holds no appeal for you (nothing wrong with that either). Based on that info, I commented that the CCR would in turn hold no appeal for you in practical terms.

My own somewhat casual interest in the CCR stems from the fact that a) as a BAEC gold member, I may perhaps get to GGL one day (albeit unlikely) and b) I have done a lot of flying in BA F class cabins in years past, though more recently have switched my F class travel to other OW and non-OW carriers. I may perhaps choose to fly BA F in the future - in contrast to yourself, given your clearly-stated preference for Y class, and your distinct lack of interest in acquiring status of any sort, of which, again, no criticism.
PleasureFlyer and Randeep like this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
New in CCR today, portable charging batteries you can sign out.
Name:  IMG_2419.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  553.5 KB

Also here are the loungers, quite nice currently but not sure they will stay clean for long.
Name:  IMG_2418.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  1.05 MB

No disrespect to the mobile photography, the other furniture does look a lot less garish is the flesh,
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:34 am

Hopefully service will be a lot more proactive with the loungers out, as it's hard to attract attention from them.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
the loungers look like an improvement so credit where it is due. ^ I have no expectation that service will be anything other than the at best average I consistently experience.
Finally the mobile chargers are an implicit acknowledgement of the woeful charger situation that exists despite some on here counting the charging points to debunk that criticism. If it is a stopgap solution, that is to be applauded but a more fundamental fix should be the ultimate goal.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Nuster
the loungers look like an improvement so credit where it is due.
Agreed, they actually look quite good, can't help but feel they must have been selected by someone different to the new sofa!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I like the look of the loungers and they go with the "terrace" theme. Good move I hope they are reasonably durable / and or cleaned regularly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.