Keepin' it Classy OneWorld Emerald!

Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
There seems to be an insinuation that some FTers have smelly feet.

I can't imagine any of us posting before having a shower and brushing our teeth.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by 1010101
I really wouldn't care if someone did that. It would be nicer if they took their shoes off first but I'm not going to be eating my dinner off or even touching that surface, so why get worked up about it? Especially to the point of taking a picture to post about on a web forum.
I took that photo specifically for users of this Forum, to inform/incite/amuse as the mood takes them. I made no comment about the individual's behaviour in so doing. I was, however, aware that it's a 'popular' subject here
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Do people really put their feet up on the wall at home?

I know most people wouldn't have seats facing the wall at home like that, but still, it seems like an odd thing to do.
I reckon it's a learned behaviour. People see others doing it, and think it's the smart thing to do.

I admit to trying it, but it was so darn uncomfortable I didn't last a minute.

It annoys me only if i'm hemmed in at a window seat.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:04 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Another point may be that it is consider disrespectful to show your soles. Particularly in the Middle East that's a "don't do".
It's funny you say that, because on my recent QR F (short-haul) flight, all the Arab passengers removed their sandals and put their bare feet up on the bulkhead or the seat in front of / beside them.

I was the only passenger wearing socks (the other non-Arab passenger, an white American woman wasn't) and I was tempted to take them off too, but I was too lazy to bend forward.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:25 am

Actually, I've just realised I do often put my feet up on the wall at home.

In my home office I have a corner desk, and often sit with my legs extended and my feet on the wall. I find it very comfortable.

At least I don't have to worry about offending anyone there, or my picture being posted on shaming sites!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 6:54 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
I do this on the bulkhead occasionally to lessen the swollen feet and I really wouldn't care if people disapproved or took photos of me.

However I do make an effort to only do it whilst wearing the free socks provided, and not with either my shoes or bare feet against the wall, which are both a bit unpleasant.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Gshumway
Your shoes step on the ground, where for example is dog piss/.... and other stuff. You put these dirty shoes on the wall. Then other people come and slide along the wall to get into the window seat. Where you think this now transfers to?

Good manners are not to put shoes on walls or seats. Period.
Quite. I find it hard to believe people think otherwise.
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was brought up when public transport had signs all over the place telling you not to do this or that....no spitting/no feet etc. So it's not something I would do although I wouldn't get too worked up about it if I saw someone doing it.
Being seated next to a nose-picker, persistent cougher, head and crotch scratcher is more uncomfortable...so says the wife.
FlyerTalker688786 and T8191 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
In my experience, it's the Gold's who are the least well behaved with stuff like this. And then they get a Gold welcome right next to you :P
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
That could be me! I do that all the time. Only works well if you are short in the leg and the knees are locked. Very comfortable!
There are all kinds of things I could do on a plane under the excuse it was very comfortable.

Does not make it acceptable, and feet on the bulkhead are not.
BlueThroughCrimp and Horatio like this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by JamesBigglesworth
After flying domestic in China this sort of thing no longer bothers me in the slightest. The things I've seen on Chinese domestic....
Hehe the joys of China Eastern's "IFE" I'm guessing
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bioblot
How is this different to people in economy resting their greasy heads on the windows to sleep? On LH flights in such classes one does what one has to in order to survive in the small allocated space one has available.
Shoes are worn to the lav with all kinds of liquids on the floor. I don't make a habit of rolling my head on same floor, so there is in fact a difference.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Witnessed this last month on my way back from BCN. ^ or ?

FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by T8191
I took that photo specifically for users of this Forum, to inform/incite/amuse as the mood takes them. I made no comment about the individual's behaviour in so doing. I was, however, aware that it's a 'popular' subject here
Me thinks this is the time to send the pictures to BA customer service and ask them to put up a sign saying: Please do not put up your feet onto the Bulkhead....
PJSMITH0 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.