Wiki Posts
Search

Easyjet to BA transfer at AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Easyjet to BA transfer at AMS?

Considering an ex-EU from AMS but arriving from easyjet out of Southend airport.

Do EZY flights arrive same place as BA? Do u have to pass security? Is 1.5hrs (southend I think rarely has congestion) enough? (I can handle the risk...)
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
When are you flying? 1.5 hours far too much risk for me.

£17.50 + 4,500 is the only way I’d do it in a B2B
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
When are you flying? 1.5 hours far too much risk for me.

£17.50 + 4,500 is the only way I’d do it in a B2B
Quite, it might take 1.5 hours to walk from the the EZY (H/M) Gates to the BA (D) Gate!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think the Southend Chief Exec likes to recall they did once have a big hold up in Security, and maybe some passengers had to wait 6 minutes to get through, but it was so long ago they can't remember when it was.

easyJet lands into H, effectively the low cost terminal bolted on to the end of AMS, so it's a bit of a walk to the D gates for BA, perhaps a 10-15 minute walk in all, and the BA lounge is about halfway through (but on the upper level). No security or passports so apart from the loooooooooong walk it's straightforward.

If on separate tickets I would never recommend a longhaul "connection" with just 90 minutes at AMS, that would be madness unless you are OK to throw away the longhaul sector as you trundle from Belgium to the gate. AMS is at least as weather prone as LHR.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:22 pm

Provided no baggage to collect/check-in, I would give it a go. Be prepared for a lengthy walk (or run if you are a little delayed in from SEN).
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Flight is Wednsday and land schedule is 17.30 and ba flight 1935 so actually 2 hours.

my next issue is that I just noticed the AMS flight is often 30 mins late and my connection to BOM is exactly 1 hr sure it is one ticket but need to look at reroute options.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
2hrs is just OK but it's a long walk from the Easyjet terminal.

I don't understand about your "connection to BOM" - which airport?
You're flying from SEN to AMS to get a BA flight to BOM via LHR?
An innovative way to avoid London traffic, if so. I hope it works out a lot cheaper that way!

In any case, if it's the same airline, the quoted connection time should be do-able.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mandolino
An innovative way to avoid London traffic, if so. I hope it works out a lot cheaper that way!
You've never seen these threads, then?

Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:44 am
Original Poster

SEN is a great airport. Train stop at the door and minutes to airside. It is also for me very accessable.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by mandolino
2hrs is just OK but it's a long walk from the Easyjet terminal.

I don't understand about your "connection to BOM" - which airport?

In any case, if it's the same airline, the quoted connection time should be do-able.
^
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
Oh dear, I seem to have wandered in here by mistake.

I shall get my coat and laptop bag and shuffle back through the cattle curtain.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:07 pm

The risk here is a 90 mins delay to the Easyjet flight (not unreasonable) and you'll miss your flight to London and potentially loose your whole ticket

That's why a ~2hr connection is the worst option - either B2B same plane, overnight or I would potentially do 4-5hrs but then you are waiting around a long time
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Considering an ex-EU from AMS but arriving from easyjet out of Southend airport.

Do EZY flights arrive same place as BA? Do u have to pass security? Is 1.5hrs (southend I think rarely has congestion) enough? (I can handle the risk...)

The risk of missing the BA flight and then losing the rest of your booking.

Either you have a very good insurance policy, deep pockets, or a belief that BA will simply sort it out for you.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Its not enough time. Given AMS has had numerous slot delays this year it is not unheard of for flights to be delayed and especially over winter.

If its the same plane then yes I can see it working, but not on seperate airlines at opposite ends of the terminal.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:47 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
And don't forget to add the 20min+ taxi from the infamous 'Polderbaan' to the gate....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.