Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Pre-flight meal service at LCY?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I did this back in May, when the flight left close to midday and indeed, the Menu list at the Pilot restaurant is good. If you are worried about missing your glass of champagne before your flight, don't worry they do serve a rather decent one. I would say from F&B point of view, this is much better compared to the previous arrangement.
However as pointed out, the environment is not the best as it is still an airport restaurant.

If I am not mistaken, there seems to be 2 Pilot restaurant, one just after security and there is another one (which I believe is the original one) further down towards the gate. - someone correct me if I am wrong.

At least the one right after the security - they know the drill fully, so no surprises of the staff not knowing this arrangement.

As for the food onboard - if you have flown this service before, I would say there is minimal change compared to your last flight. Only change which I have seen is the use of the White Company beddings and amenity kit.

Cheers!
ttama likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I did this back in May, when the flight left close to midday and indeed, the Menu list at the Pilot restaurant is good. If you are worried about missing your glass of champagne before your flight, don't worry they do serve a rather decent one. I would say from F&B point of view, this is much better compared to the previous arrangement.
However as pointed out, the environment is not the best as it is still an airport restaurant.

If I am not mistaken, there seems to be 2 Pilot restaurant, one just after security and there is another one (which I believe is the original one) further down towards the gate. - someone correct me if I am wrong.

At least the one right after the security - they know the drill fully, so no surprises of the staff not knowing this arrangement.

As for the food onboard - if you have flown this service before, I would say there is minimal change compared to your last flight. Only change which I have seen is the use of the White Company beddings and amenity kit.

Cheers!
Thank you. I've flown it before but my diet has changed recently, for medical reasons, and I'm now a much fussier eater. Luckily I can still drink champagne
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nldogbert
There is just the one Pilots Bar & Kitchen in LCY, by security, I think you may be thinking of City Bar and Grill, which has a similar style I guess. That's the last main catering unit before the walkway to the usual gate for the A318 service. In reality - and in contrast to LHR - Pilots Bar & Kitchen in LCY is run and operated by the SSP Group, one of the largest multinational hospitality groups based in the UK, and SSP also run City Bar and Panopolis at LCY. [Pub quiz factoid: the company's heritage goes back to Travellers Fare on British Rail]
ttama likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.