Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Avios on EI - recent status-related change to baggage allowance on EI TATL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Hi all

I've booked an EI flight in Economy for DUB to the USA using Avios, purchased from the BA customer call centre. I am a BA Silver, and the flight is booked with an EI code.

I was expecting 1 bag per passenger given I didn't think that EI recognised BA Silver for anything other than the DUB<->LHR lounges. However, the agent told me I get 2 bags - which my BA email receipt confirms, and the EI website also confirms when I view my booking ("46kg in 2 Bag(s)" for each passenger).

Is this a recent change? I thought perhaps it could be a bug or that perhaps EI is now recognising BA Silver/Gold for some parts of their service. I might have missed something in the forum, though I did a quick search and couldn't find anything recently (I could be wrong though!). In the past, these flights have tended to only show 1 checked bag allowance for me.

Any similar experiences or musings?

[I'm writing this in the BAEC forum rather than the EI forum because I'm talking about an EI flight booked with BA Avios).
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

If you think this question might get better exposure in the Aer Lingus forum, then please feel free to move it!

I was just looking for similar/dissimilar experiences. I asked EI and they didn’t respond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.