Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

USA North East weather waiver - Sunday 29 Oct 2017

USA North East weather waiver - Sunday 29 Oct 2017

Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Argh, hope it is only on Sunday as I am flying to BOS on Monday
Boston will be getting a lot of wind on Monday, supposedly dying down in the afternoon, but I’m not seeing rain. I think it will depend on where your aircraft is positioned—seems like you should be able to take off OK for a flight landing in the afternoon.

AFAIK the airlines have only posted the free change notice for Sunday.

Last edited by travelmad478; Oct 28, 2017 at 7:03 am
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Booked to fly BA178 departing JFK at 0750 tomorrow at 9.05am. Weather.com app shows 35% chance of thunderstorms and wind at 17mph at the time. Weather worsens soon after, and flash flood watch from noon onwards. Hopefully we fly as planned before it really kicks off.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by xenole
I've got a travel alert for PHL now. Whether it comes to anything, who knows? I'll wait and see and let AA deal with things should the worst happen.
I hope they do better than Tuesday night.
no sooner had we started to move off then the captain announced we had to go back to the gate for more fuel due to the weather. an hour and a half later we had finally got the fuel, spent another hour or so on the taxiway waiting for clearance. Got into MAN precisely 2 mins before my flight to LHR closed (3hr layover) and was told by AA that they couldnt help. Luckily BA bailed me out and found me a later flight.
A glass of water on boarding was the only refreshment I got on AA, surely even if someone is dozing they could at least put a bottle of water by the seat.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Boston will be getting a lot of wind on Monday, supposedly dying down in the afternoon, but I’m not seeing rain. I think it will depend on where your aircraft is positioned—seems like you should be able to take off OK for a flight landing in the afternoon.

AFAIK the airlines have only posted the free change notice for Sunday.
Thanks, hopefully all good then. Flying from Lhr and getting in early evening.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've just flown into PHL from PHX and other than a bit of chop 10 minutes out, seems fine.
Few late arrivals mentioned on the boards and one domestic to Memphis cancelled, but no issues and my next flight is on a CRJ so would be small enough to be adversely affected I assume.

Unless sonething hits later, can't see too many issues with long haul flights.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GfL
The issue will be wind, later. It’s just starting to rain at my house (about 30 miles SW of PHL) and we are supposed to have about 2-3 inches of rain today/tonight, plus strong winds later today into tomorrow.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Well there didn't seem to be any disruption last night at IAD. The rain did pour down and the take off was a bit bumpy but other than that all went well. In fact it went better then well for me - I got bumped up to CW and slept like a baby for six hours.

Thanks as always to the oracle that is CWS!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.