Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia points to BA Avios not possible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
*solved* Iberia points to BA Avios not possible?

Morning all,

I have some orphan Iberia points which I was hoping to transfer to BA Avios, but it seems you can now only transfer into Iberia from BA Avios (or Iberia from Avios), but not the other way round.

Did this happen recently? Previously, I always could transfer between the two schemes either way.

Last edited by billyb750; Oct 27, 2017 at 8:27 am
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:15 am

I have regularly transferred small amounts from IB to BA with no problems. I expect your inability so to do is a temporary problem.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
I managed to resolve the issue by emailing iberia. My date of birth was wrong on the iberia.com account.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:22 am
Original Poster

My personal details on both accounts are the same. Indeed, the message which comes up on the Avios switch page looks pretty permanent to me:

"You can only move Avios from British Airways to Iberia Plus - you cannot move your Avios back again."
Attached Images  
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Can you send them to Avios.com and then onto BAEC?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:42 am
Original Poster

No, I get the same prompt, which only allows me to transfer Avios to Iberia, but not Iberia to Avios.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:47 am
In Memoriam

How long have you held the Iberia account and points?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Had the Iberia account for over 5 years, and the Iberia points have been sat in the account for a few months.

As mentioned previously, I have never had this issue before with previous transfers from Iberia to BA/Avios.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:58 am
In Memoriam

Beyond me then. Good luck sorting it!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Maybe...

don't you have to have credited into the account too to be able to transfer out of Iberia. I credited some Amex reward which counted to fix this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:21 am

I transfer them from IB > Avios.com and then to BA. Did it yesterday. The key is to pull in the Avios from your Avios.com account rather than push them out from the Iberia website. If you use the combine my Avios on the Avos.com website it should work. Once in the Avios.com account they can be transferred to BA in the usual way.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I transfer them from IB > Avios.com and then to BA. Did it yesterday. The key is to pull in the Avios from your Avios.com account rather than push them out from the Iberia website. If you use the combine my Avios on the Avos.com website it should work. Once in the Avios.com account they can be transferred to BA in the usual way.
Fantastic, thank you very much! Pulling the Avios via the Avios.com website worked. 👍👍👍
PeacefulWaters likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Being driven slowly mad by this.

I am attempting to pull from avios.com from Iberia (and have tried the other way round). Works between avios.com and ba.com. The IB account is over three months old, and has several avios credits in it.

As far as I can see the contact details are the same in IB and AV - IB uses a street, number combo as separate fields, AV doesn't. Everything else is the same, including case and spaces. Name is the same in both. IB seems to have passport details and DoB, can't find this on Avios.com

Any ideas before I call the helpline? When I did this with BA, they told me something doesn't match but refused to say what.

It is without any doubt the most imbecilic security system I've ever encountered. Because by the time you get the error you're already in both accounts, and once they match they match so if the user has set them up properly it doesn't add any security. Almost as if they don't want you to transfer.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Have had similar problems, which were resolved quickly (and surprisingly easily) by calling Avios helpdesk: transferred from my IB account to Avios household account
They can access your IB account - so long as you give them relevant info - and transfer from IB to Avios.com.
Avios helpdesk can also transfer from Avios.com into BA account: though I believe, if you have a BA household account you will need to 'unhousehold', transfer into BA and the set up household again.
Speak to folk at Avios, they will guide you: 01925 848619
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by mlafqtv
Have had similar problems, which were resolved quickly (and surprisingly easily) by calling Avios helpdesk: transferred from my IB account to Avios household account
They can access your IB account - so long as you give them relevant info - and transfer from IB to Avios.com.
Avios helpdesk can also transfer from Avios.com into BA account: though I believe, if you have a BA household account you will need to 'unhousehold', transfer into BA and the set up household again.
Speak to folk at Avios, they will guide you: 01925 848619
Tried it again this morning and it worked, so all good. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.