Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

The new refurbished lounge in Madrid T4S is now open, and what a wonderful place... Admittedly its late so nice and quiet, but the facilities look great - showers, 2 x bar areas, reasonable selection of food and ample seating with power sockets. The beer fridge has a great selection too.

I have to admit i like LHR T5 first lounge, but food aside this bests it hands down.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:47 pm

I do get muddled by MAD lounges; is this one the very nice Velasquez or the dull Dali?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Greenpen
I do get muddled by MAD lounges; is this one the very nice Velasquez or the dull Dali?
Velázquez, in the Satellite, so better for BA services and a few IB. Dalí is in the main terminal, and used by IB generally and BACF.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
There’s 2 lounges: T4 and T4S.

T4S is the satellite terminal, Velazquez which has been refurbished.

T4 lounge is Dali, but still very nice.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:54 pm

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
T4 = Dalí Lounge
T4S = Velazquez Lounge
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Velázquez, in the Satellite, so better for BA services and a few IB. Dalí is in the main terminal, and used by IB generally and BACF.
No more BACF at MAD unfortunately.

Dalí should be closing tonight - fully, not in two stages like Velázquez, for 6-7 weeks. Vouchers for a café y tostada and wifi should be provided.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by BA6501
No more BACF at MAD unfortunately.

Dalí should be closing tonight - fully, not in two stages like Velázquez, for 6-7 weeks. Vouchers for a café y tostada and wifi should be provided.
Can anyone clarify this point. Have a three hour layover in Madrid main terminal this Saturday and I was hoping to use the Dalì lounge. I will be arriving on a BA fligt then departing on an Iberia domestic from the main terminal on a separate ticket, so will have to collect luggage and recheck. Is there any way of using the satellite lounge before departing from the main terminal if Dalì is closed? Any advice much appreciated.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately no, not possible.
Rest assured that the collect and recheck process can take a good hour and a half, so your layover won't be as long as it seems.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by BA6501
Unfortunately no, not possible.
Rest assured that the collect and recheck process can take a good hour and a half, so your layover won't be as long as it seems.
I guessed that would be the case but would like to know if the Dalì Lounge has already been closed.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:30 pm

deleted

Last edited by SvenAge; Oct 25, 2017 at 5:46 pm Reason: deleted
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finavia
I guessed that would be the case but would like to know if the Dalì Lounge has already been closed.
The initial plan was for it to close the day after Velázquez opened. That was supposed to be Monday, but was today. I'd expect it to be closed from tomorrow onwards, and I can report back as of next Thursday.
deco105 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Have they reinstated the Häagen-Dazs ice cream in the refurbished Velazquez lounge ?
icegreen and bhbloke like this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Have they reinstated the Häagen-Dazs ice cream in the refurbished Velazquez lounge ?
The big question, was just about to ask!

Hope they haven't done away with the little Haagen Dazs freezer.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I must have missed it by a day as the divider was still up when I used it on Tuesday.

Oh well. Next time.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Just to clarify and it may help newbies to FT, is this an Iberia or BA or 3rd party lounge?

I assume its not a BA Lounge outright.

Looks great. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.