FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1874002-madrid-t4s-lounge-now-open-sala-vip-velazquez.html)

Yllanes Nov 9, 2017 12:45 pm

Ordinarily there is Plaza Mayor (http://www.aena.es/es/aeropuerto-mad...aza-mayor.html). However, I believe paid access will be suspended while the IB lounge is closed, for capacity reasons. It is a Priority Pass lounge.

rockflyertalk Nov 10, 2017 8:17 am

FYI...The Dali lounge in T4 Main terminal is still open as of today (10th Dec)

GaryK84 Nov 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk (Post 29044186)
FYI...The Dali lounge in T4 Main terminal is still open as of today (10th Dec)

It as also open on Sunday (12 Nov) with no signs indicating when it might close...

BA6501 Nov 15, 2017 3:23 pm

I'll (hopefully) be there on Saturday, I'll report back.

deco105 Nov 16, 2017 1:26 am

And I'll be there this coming Sunday, will report here.

deco105 Nov 19, 2017 7:06 am

I'm in the Sala Dali lounge, it is very much open with 2 million people inside! Thankfully the Haagen Dazs is available.

The _Banking_Scot Nov 19, 2017 10:41 am

Hi,

I would also not leave it to the last minute to arrive at MAD as the exit passport checks took around 20mins today at 10am ( it was a lot quieter last week on Sat at 815 am) with queues building up towards the escalators ( i was talking to a man in the queue and he said last week was chaos ( this week had tensa barriers up). Three people apparently missed our flight at 1150am ( and we had to get their bags off so were around 20mins late)

Also the Sala Velazquez was very busy this morning with very few spare seats ( and a queue forming outside the gents toilets)

Regards

TBS

aks120 Nov 19, 2017 11:04 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 29077926)
Hi,

I would also not leave it to the last minute to arrive at MAD as the exit passport checks took around 20mins today at 10am ( it was a lot quieter last week on Sat at 815 am) with queues building up towards the escalators ( i was talking to a man in the queue and he said last week was chaos ( this week had tensa barriers up). Three people apparently missed our flight at 1150am ( and we had to get their bags off so were around 20mins late)

Also the Sala Velazquez was very busy this morning with very few spare seats ( and a queue forming outside the gents toilets)

Regards

TBS

Ahh - you were on the same flight as me! I arrived early but it seems the passport queue got quite long!

Shame we could not catch up for a hello

aks120

The _Banking_Scot Nov 19, 2017 11:39 am

Originally Posted by aks120 (Post 29078002)
Ahh - you were on the same flight as me! I arrived early but it seems the passport queue got quite long!

Shame we could not catch up for a hello

aks120

Hi,

Sorry for missing you.

I was in 1 F ( and it was a good walk from the lounge to S5 and saw the earlier BA 767 take off. I had intended on getting to the airport earlier but I must have misadjusted my watch en route back from NRT and HKG on Cathay so my watch was almost 45 mins behind the actual time so got to the airpott at what I thought was just after 9am but it was actually approaching 10am so just had around 30mins in the lounge

Club went back to the exit rows on the A320

Regards

TBS

aks120 Nov 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 29078113)
Hi,

Sorry for missing you.

I was in 1 F ( and it was a good walk from the lounge to S5 and saw the earlier BA 767 take off. I had intended on getting to the airport earlier but I must have misadjusted my watch en route back from NRT and HKG on Cathay so my watch was almost 45 mins behind the actual time so got to the airpott at what I thought was just after 9am but it was actually approaching 10am so just had around 30mins in the lounge

Club went back to the exit rows on the A320

Regards

TBS

I was in 1A - yes it was a busy CE flight but the cabin crews continual use of the ‘thank you Gillian’ phrase was bloody annoying!

aks120

The _Banking_Scot Nov 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by aks120 (Post 29078328)
I was in 1A - yes it was a busy CE flight but the cabin crews continual use of the ‘thank you Gillian’ phrase was bloody annoying!

aks120

hi,

wow! I did not get that level of attention

I think I would have had 1d free but the cc offered the seat to a lady who was sitting a few rows back with another woman with an infant to give her more room. Had the panini which was a bit hard on the upper part of the bread

regards

tbs

milka2010 Mar 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Do I get access to the lounge, when I´m arriving with Avianca business in MAD from BOG at 7 am to have a shower? Thanks

corporate-wage-slave Mar 15, 2018 12:50 am

Originally Posted by milka2010 (Post 29526477)
Do I get access to the lounge, when I´m arriving with Avianca business in MAD from BOG at 7 am to have a shower? Thanks

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the British Airways forum milka2010, it's good to see you here and I hope you will take the time to check out the resources in this and the other forums here.

I would suggest you don't get lounge access in MAD on this basis, unless you had an onward connection with a oneworld airline. Moreover lounges in Europe aren't really set up or available for arrival purposes - there are some exceptions but this isn't one of them. Iberia does have a separate arrival lounge in landside arrivals but the conditions of entry don't seem to help you. It's possible Avianca has some special benefit in this area but I am somewhat doubtful though I'm not an Avianca expert.

We invite you to step in whenever you travel in Business class and your final destination is Madrid on a more than four hour long flight operated by Iberia Group.

Our Iberia Plus Platinum customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group, Vueling and oneworld flights), Iberia Plus Gold and Iberia Singular customers (on flights operated and/or marketed by Iberia Group) will also have access when travelling with final destination Madrid on flights of more than 4 hours, regardless of the class they fly in.

To access the lounge, go to Level -1 at the Arrivals Hall.

The lounge is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Note: None of these benefits apply to operated by Iberia for LEVEL IB26XX flights
https://www.iberia.com/gb/iberia-madrid-vip-lounges/

Yllanes Mar 15, 2018 11:35 am

Originally Posted by milka2010 (Post 29526477)

If you do not have an onward connection you do not get lounge access, as CWS says. However, if you wanted to take a shower you could buy a pass for the arrivals lounge: Premium Traveller. Air lounges. Sala de llegadas

twoclubs Mar 15, 2018 12:47 pm

So called iberia arrival lounge terminal 4

This place is a joke.

Last November on a flight back from JNB to MAD had to change planes to a BA flight with 2 separate tickets.

With lots of time to spare thought I would seek out this lounge . Believe me it has no signage and even the Iberia information desk did not know its whereabouts.

Turned out to be a very small room attached to the Day Room rental facility.. To use the toilet you are admitted to a spare bedroom that is not being used and the food etc is not worth the journey.

Should have gone straight to the normal lounge.

Wont waste my time