Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez]

Madrid T4S lounge now open [Sala VIP Velázquez]

Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think we are still waiting for a definitive timeframe for the closure of Dalí but that is the lounge for your flight, in the main terminal building, and the indications are that for your flight you will be given a refreshment voucher and a wifi code instead of lounge access. And you won't be able to get to T4S, nor frankly is it practical, it could easily add 30 minutes to your trip just getting there and back. If you moved to a BA metal flight then you do get lounge access, but perhaps that has to be balanced against the fact that depending on your tastes the IB flight should offer better food catering during the flight.
Where are you connecting from? If you are arriving into T4S you can access the lounge there before "boarding" from an S gate onto a bus straight to the gate over in T4.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Have they reinstated the Häagen-Dazs ice cream in the refurbished Velazquez lounge ?
I am in the new Velázquez lounge right now and I am happy to report that the ice cream is still there. Although I am among those who preferred the old Mövenpick ice cream.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by BA6501
The initial plan was for it to close the day after Velázquez opened. That was supposed to be Monday, but was today. I'd expect it to be closed from tomorrow onwards, and I can report back as of next Thursday.
I'm just sitting in the Dalí Lounge (T4/HJK gates). It is still fully open.

According to the lovely lounge dragon, renovation will only start around mid November and should be completed by year end, latest mid January.

As others have stated earlier, the lounge will be closed entirely (not half/half like Velasquez).
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by swiss_global
I'm just sitting in the Dalí Lounge (T4/HJK gates). It is still fully open.
I'll be flying out of MAD T4 on 12 Nov - now I'm very curious to see if I'll have a lounge to go to or not!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
it appears they have gotten rid of the urinals, and no cubicles were free so I just went in the main terminal building.
I do hate it when there aren't any urinals, but I'm not I'm brave enough to join you in your dirty protest
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:29 pm

In case somebody doesn't know, there is a nice Priority Pass lounge in T4.
deco105 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I visited this lounge for the first time the other day. As somebody who used to book with *A, I remember the Spanair lounge well, where the food consisted of a large bowl of crisps. So whilst the food selection in the Velásquez lounge, smoked salmon apart, isn't that great, it's still an improvement for me, and the lounge certainly looks great. The big difference to me was the staff, and their spontaneous interaction with guests. One chap was walking past whilst I was struggling to open my cava miniature, and immediately offered to help. Another one greeted me as I returned to the wine bar, and started explaining to me which of the reds he considered the best, and why. Imagine BA's harried contract staff at the LHR GFL doing that! They could so easily arrange tastings of the food and wine for them, like a good restaurant does, but that's so far removed from their way of doing things.

With its limitations, the food at the Velásquez lounge is perfectly packaged for pilfering, if you're that way inclined, to the point that it almost looks like they're expecting passengers in their meager economy class to do that. Not only are miniature water bottles available, but also miniature cava bottles, crisps, and sandwiches in plastic wrapping. I must admit to pinching a couple of containers of Spanish grated tomato/garlic/olive oil mix for my airline food survival kit.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
They are designed to be taken away

(IB's take on providing free F&B on shorthaul flights in Y to status pax)
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: BA GGL
I was in there yesterday. It's nice. Food isn't abundant, but otherwise everything was decent.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi, I have asked on the Iberia forum, however I like this forum more a question...

My parents are on IB from AGP - MAD - LGW tomorrow, both BAEC Silver, do they have access to this new snazzy lounge?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Hi, I have asked on the Iberia forum, however I like this forum more a question...

My parents are on IB from AGP - MAD - LGW tomorrow, both BAEC Silver, do they have access to this new snazzy lounge?
I'm afraid not - the MAD-LGW flights are operated by Iberia Express and will leave from the main terminal
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
I'm afraid not - the MAD-LGW flights are operated by Iberia Express and will leave from the main terminal
Is the Main terminal lounge still operating?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
I got to use the lounge on Saturday. Realy nice Lounge, thought very quiet.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The food availability varied IME but the wine variety was pretty good.

How are both now?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:19 pm

Is there any paid for lounge access in T4? I’d like to treat my parents if there is no provision for IB pax!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.